banshee help

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
say i got a banshee (i will soon hopefully) would the jetting be the same as how you jet a blaster since its the same carbs? do shees have 2 filters? also say i just got a set of fmf's and a uni airfilter but left lid on airbox would the main jet's be around 270?

Banshee.....
Twin 350.

Divide 350 by 2. You get 175. That is 175 cubic centimeters of displacement for each cylinder

A Blaster is a 200. 200 cubic centimeters of displacement.

I believe banshees only have one filter for the stock airbox. However, upgraded airboxes have the option for 2.

Banshees and blasters both have a stock Mikuni VM26mm carburetor, If I recall correctly. The banshee just has 2.

Stock main on a banshee is a 200 Main

Stock main on a blaster is a 230 main

with FMF's ( Fatty's)? and no lid , you are going to want to start at a 270 main , 27.5 pilots and air screws out 1.5 to 2 turns . depending on temperature and elevation you will probably drop a couple main sizes . I would suggest you ditch the airbox and go with a set of pod filters , that goofy airbox contraption over time shakes like a whore in church and falls apart. I never liked how the air filter situated in mine , plus a Uni filter with a outerwears is far better protection .

with FMF's ( Fatty's)? and no lid , you are going to want to start at a 270 main , 27.5 pilots and air screws out 1.5 to 2 turns . depending on temperature and elevation you will probably drop a couple main sizes . I would suggest you ditch the airbox and go with a set of pod filters , that goofy airbox contraption over time shakes like a whore in church and falls apart. I never liked how the air filter situated in mine , plus a Uni filter with a outerwears is far better protection .

There ya go! You can buy an aftermarket coolant tank holder bracket if you get rid of the stock airbox, so you can keep your radiator puke tank. Unlike on a Blaster, a Banshee doesn't seem to be very sensitive to pod air filters. I ran a set with my old Shee and had no trouble dialing in my jetting.

actually if you are piped i would at least pull the lid and rejet. there's no sense in uncorking one side of the motor only to leave the other side corked up.

my banshee is big bore, head modded to the limit of a stock head (banshees really need a cool head to go to the limit of the fuel), piped, dual 28pwk's, clamp on filters, and my 250r with a 310 kit eats its lunch and smacks it around and steels its lolli pop and just generally whoops it.

yeah i would just leave the lid becuase i really dont wanna make it overly fast when its so fast at stock plus the filter gets dirty faster, its not fun on the trails when its to fast...thats why i would just stay with pipes and a new filter and maybe new airbox set up...anyone use the pro flow upgrade in the stock airbox?? i wouldint wanna mod it out to much until i get a 450...

I had a pro-flow kit in my Warrior and it worked great. Id get rid of the airbox lid and install the Pro Flow kit for a moderate gain. Just be sure to run an Outerwears if you get a K&N air filter. Regular K&N's will leak dirt if not meticulously maintained. I personally only run UNI filters.

i would run a 280 main and keep the stock pilot. thats what seems to work for a couple i have set up anyways. i also like the pro flo kit with the foam filter. also i always remove the lid...

i would run a 280 main and keep the stock pilot. thats what seems to work for a couple i have set up anyways. i also like the pro flo kit with the foam filter. also i always remove the lid...

i know everyone wants me to take off the lid if i get one but i just want to leave it on becuase i ride ALOT of sand and in the blaster with no lid the filter has to be cleaned after 1 hour of sand riding :eek: i want a set of nice pipes for good sound and look and somewhat performance gain. i would maybe take the lid off but not sure...so what exactly does the pro flow thing do and what filter is the best for the stock air box?

I run the pro flow adapter and two stage filter on my banshee. We ride coal and thats far worse than sand. I run the airbox lid but have the top cut out in the center with an extra piece of foam in it. The pro flow kit is the best way to go with a stock airbox.

At 1000 elevation here in PA I ran 27.5 pilots with 280 mains on fmf gnarly pipes. On fatties I ran 300 mains with the 27.5 pilots.

it uses a large foam filter that is in my opinion far superior to a k+n in terms of filtering. you wont need to change the filter every hr... i ride dusty dirty muddy trails with no lid and change is every 12 hrs maybe. with the plate you dont need the airbox lid to hold it in place, it clamps on nice and tight.

Dirtbike Parts, Side By Side Parts, Harley Parts, Sport Bike Parts.

so if i ran no lid would you recomend it? if i had no lid i would get a outerwears lid cover though... should i go kn or foam?

either the k&n or the foam filers work great if properly setup, I run knee high pantyhose on my k&n filters, you can carry a spare if you want. the outerwear lid is nice too.