Banshee front hydro swap question

zero_chance

Mar 26, 2010
Spencer, MA
Alright so Im in the middle of swapping out the drums for a Banshee front hydro setup. Got the handle/res , calipers and lines off of Ebay as a package, same thing with the front rotors / hubs and my Norman conversion spindles will be here tomorrow. My question is the rubber line that comes with the factory shee setup is definitely going to be way too short. What are my options? Im sure someone here has done the swap. Do I have to make something myself or is there a splitter off another bike that will work? Any help would be appreciated.

my banshee line from the rezzie to the splitter is just right, but then i used rappy lines and calipers, and they fit good too with norms spindles

Im talking about the rubber line that comes from the handle / rez and terminates in the splitter where the hard lines come out of to each caliper soft line. I only mounted up the handle tonight and then left my shop so I may have just not looked at it long enough but it seems like the rubber line is a little short but I supposed if it worked on a bigger Banshee, it should work on a Blaster. I might go out and take a pic so you guys can see what Im talking about. Been up since 5am though so Im a little lazy right now... I think maybe the issue for me would be where to mount the shee splitter.... and Brandoz, youre talking about the rubber lines off of the calipers, and I agree. They do look a bit long... OK, so I just ran back out to the shop and I think I found the solution. Does the factory shee splitter mount to the flat spot on the steering stem bracket or mount.. or whatever its called. After a second look, thats what I think has to happen but maybe one of you guys that have done it can chime in.

i believe mine mounted where the stock cable splitter did,
i'll have to have a look, tomorrow

Awk, did you ever take a look at yours and see where the splitter is mounted? I think I have an idea for it but I always value a second opinion. Especially from someone in the know. Theres definitely no way it will mount in the factory cable splitter location. Rubber line is way too short. The splitter ends right about where the steering stem upper mount / bracket and Im thinking of finding a way to securely fasten it to that if possible. Everythings put together, just got to mount the splitter, run the hard lines and then bleed the system.

looked at mine tonite, it's definately mounted to the same bracket the cable splitter mounted to, but my shee stuff is pre '90, thats why i had to go rappy calipers and norm spindles, the pre '90 stuff wont work, except for the master, line and splitter

Get the double Speed linez kit for about $70 shipped.

Blaster Freak and I both run this set-up and it works great. Rock solid lever and a nice clean job. Big advantage when each caliper has it's own line. The only problem I had was bleeding them. You have to gravity bleed them. Once I did that I was all set.

So could I take my dad's 87 shee hydro's and put those on my 02 blaster? I'm assuming you have to take the hubs, calipers and disc's off to make it work but do you need the spindles or anything else to make it work cause my shee is so old?

I believe you need to have the spindles cut to accept the hub, not sure if shee spindles are a direct swap or not.

shee spindles dont have the correct balljoint connection I believe. They use a tapered balljoint or something like that.

So yeah, need blaster spindles reamed to accept the shee hubs.