banshee axle

Arnold

Jun 29, 2012
Brattleboro, vt
So I just put together my axle yesterday with a banshee axle, n my housing isn't turning as freely as before and I have the nuts only hand tight? It has brand new freeze n new bearings. Idk if I left something out or if its normal to be a lil stiff at first. Please let me know before I torque it down n run it n break something

Did you use new seals also? Did you use an 03-06 blaster,shee,warrior brake hub? It's also always a good idea to pop the seals out of the bearings and add a bit more grease to them.I find that the manufacturers never quite use enough.If it is not binding in any way and just a bit stiff and you used new seals and bearings then it will come around and work itself out.Just remember to get that inner nut tightened right where you want it,then go a smidge tighter,installl the outer nut and then together loosen the inner nut and tighten the outer nut at the same time to lock them in place securely.

Its a 96 blaster n I bought the axle used and it came with the brake hub, not sure what year its from though, I did use new seals and bearings n its not binding just stiff.

One last thought and I have had this happen once with the shee axle install.I would measure the spacer tubes used inside the carrier.I had one once where the shees spacer was a smidge wider than the blaster.I cut an 1/8 off and all was well.I would tighten it up and see how bad it is.You may have to trim that spacer tube down a smidge.If it still feels the same when you tighten the nuts then I wouldn't worry about it and run it.It should get better with some use.Could also be the bearings if made in china.lol Keep us posted.

Not sure if you got this worked out yet, but....... I recently changed the bearings in my carrier. When I put the axle shaft in, I inadvertantly put it in a tad crooked. In doing this, the bearing spacer moved the chain side bearing a little out of place (off it's seat). It caused the same kind of feel for me. I tore mine back down and figured it out.

Well I tore it apart again a found that I forgot the inner collar, so I put that it but its still stiff, I also noticed that the sprocket hub doesn't seem to be in all the way, Idk if that will get pushed it when I torque the nuts down or not but I'll try it and hope for the best unless anyone as any more input?

Well I tore it apart again a found that I forgot the inner collar, so I put that it but its still stiff, I also noticed that the sprocket hub doesn't seem to be in all the way, Idk if that will get pushed it when I torque the nuts down or not but I'll try it and hope for the best unless anyone as any more input?

Oops....common mistake. Don't beat yourself up! LOL! The sprocket hub should seat without torquing it. I would check and see if the bearings are still seated correctly in the carrier....also, check the bearings to make sure they aren't damaged from assembling everything w/o the bearing spacer........hope you get it worked out!