Back fire

I would ask your friend if you could swap some electrical parts from his blaster. Stator, coil, CDI all are easy to swap and will tell you which may be bad.

normal blue smoke or white smoke?
backfiring sounds like a lean condtion or maybe a timming issue.
never hurts to clean your carb, and if you can get your hands on a leakdown tester just to be sure.

alright So I did some work to Blaster I Had My Friend Bring His Over To Pull Start It Cause It Wouldnt Start Kicking It , But I Pulled Start It When It Start Its Sputter's & Back Fire's Alot But If I Take It Down Road & Come Back It Clears Up & Thier's Smoke Comming Out Muffler But Not Alot & I Let It Idle For Lil Then Give It Some Gas It Puts Out Alot Smoke Then Clears Up After A Few push's On Throttle. Float Need To Be Adjusted ? Or Foul Plug ?

Yeah, sounds like you flooded it.
2 strokes will flood the bottom end, struggle by running rich, then when you open the throttle and rev it up a bit, clean the gas and oil out of the bottom end with a big cloud of smoke, often killing the plug.

You may have other issues going on too. The back fires could be a lean mixture, bad reed, or a sheared timing key. You can have the bottom end flooded and a lean condition (jetting or air leak) all at the same time.

Start from why was the bottom end flooded? Float leaking or tank petcock left on? Now that it is up and running is it still flooding the bottom end? Still backfiring? Pull the carb or flywheel if you have to and check that all is OK.

Alright Thanks Guys For All Your Help I Will Try All This Stuff If Nothing Still Works Ill Be Back On To Figure Out Any other Idea's.

No, you owe us more than that.
When you figure out what the problem is, get back on and tell us, no matter what.
This is how we learn.

I agree 110%. Nothing worse than helping with a problem, then never hear back from O P. Could have been one of a dozen suggestions, but which one :-/

First thing I would do is put in a NEW spark plug. I've had bad plugs do some strange things and it's probably the cheapest thing to eliminate.

Last edited:
ok there have been way too many different answers on this thread. ignore fuel right now. sounds like you have plenty of it. the problem is def electrical if you are getting intermitent spark. if your tors is deleted I would skip past that and go to the coil. if the coil is ok. you can either ohm it out to specs ont he online manual which is supplied here for you or buy a new one they are pretty cheap. like 20 bux. if that is not the problem I would check the stator. I would assume it isn't the flywheel key bc you haven't touched anything in there from your discription. if you have taken the flywheel off recently I would check the flywheel key. You will need a flywheel puller. get a motionpro I had a tusk pull the threads off recently. you will need to ohm out the stator too if the coil and flywheel are ok. not normal for a stator to quit but it does happen.

Also one question... did you remove your reed stops when you replaced the reeds? if so you could have already broken a reed. they break really ez without the factory stops. spark plug is the very first thing i would check. replace it and check the gap. I've had a blaster not run at all with a factory set plug. always gap them.

Alright Well The Old Spark Plug I took Out was Pretty Foul So I went Down Yamaha & Bought NGK Br9es It Fired Right up I Only Drove It Maybe 30 Min's I Let It cool Down I Go Back Start It It Dont want Start The Plug was Foul But I pull Stated It A Couple Times & fired Right Up. But next Day I Go Out To Drive It,It Didnt Wanna Start At All.

well Its Got Fmf fattey, power core 2, boy-seen power reeds, bored 50 over,240 Main Jet,Removed air box lid That About It Should i run hotter Plug ?

well Its Got Fmf fattey, power core 2, boy-seen power reeds, bored 50 over,240 Main Jet,Removed air box lid That About It Should i run hotter Plug ?

with these mods it should need a bigger main jet as well. i would start at a 290 and work down if it needs it. 240 is too lean and will cause it to run hot, ect. and quite possibly eventually burn up the topend.