Awks wild ride III : The Aftermath

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
i'll start this off short and sweet for now, i need some sleep !!!!!!

first off gotta thank all who came, awesome time hangin and riding with all !!!!!!! hope to burn some trails together again sometime !!!!!!

we ended up with 19 riders who rode to my moms for saturday afternoon dinner, and a few others who showed up here and there, i counted 22 bikes/quads at one point, with 2 riders on a few

we had no major casualties, a few flat tires but not even 1 skid plate got destroyed or lost this year, way to learn from last years ride and do your maintainence at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!

we did have a few crashes...........

shane rolled his pretty good, no damage other than paint flaking off front fender

my buddy matt on his ktm 144 got body slammed pretty hard, might have sumthin broken in his shoulder ??? gotta call him yet and get a report

oconnors neighbor dave went down on his rm250 pretty hard, just a bruised ego for him

speedemons grandfather ( 70yrs. old, and can also ride pretty hard!!) had his stand up on a hill and buck him off, scratched up arm and away we went

and the "WORST CRASH OF THE RIDE" award goes to speedemon !!!!!

he finally found somewhere he could get into 6th gear wide open, and the combination of poor "trenga" rear brakes and a "T" in the road, which he failed to stop at, had him slamming into the opposite bank at prolly 30+ mph, he and the bike endo'd into a very large oak tree, slick was behind him as i was lookin back, i immedietly motioned for his pap to turn around and get up there
he ended up with the wind knocked out of him and whats prolly a badly sprained wrist and some very sore ribs, he had me very worried when i first got to him as he was not breathing !!!! he bounced back up a few minutes later and continued the ride

lemme tell you all, speedy being only 12 years old, can ride the hell outta his 240 blaster, i've even had my doubts on here about some of the things he has claimed on here, that won't happen again, i was very impressed with his riding and knowledge !!!!!!!
he held his own with riders who have 2, 3 and even 4 times as much experience as he
little man can flat out ride !!!!!!!!

and his mentioning his brakes didnt work well and partially caused his crash, and "worst crash of the ride" won him a set of my gsxr brakes

they'll get built this week or early next lil buddy, PM me your shipping info !!!!!!

heres a few pics for now, i gotta get some much needed rest, i'll see how the helmet cam and cell vids turn out later

huddled up during early fridays theunderstorms............

xneyip.jpg

the bank and oak tree speedy picked a fight with.............
(yes, his bike and body flew that high he hit that big tree, then slammed back down !!!!!!)

2u455r6.jpg

speedemon "icing down" that sore wrist

5wily0.jpg

greg/scooter69 in his "SNUGGY" baaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

xpmw3r.jpg

but he later redeemed himself by posing for pics with "the juggies"........

2primar.jpg

Reactions: speedemon17
looks like you guys had a lot of fun and a great turn out! i hate it when trees jump in my way.. lol glad everybody made it out ok. plans for a awk wild ride IV ?

sucks i couldnt make it, but did any body have a 03+ blue blaster in the back of a truck with a enclosed trailer, filling up at the sheetz in mifflen town?

sounds like everyone had a blast. i wish i would'nt have had to work but such is life. glad y'all had fun look forward to making it up there someday

had fun awk and thaanks for the metal to fix my brake bracket. wasnt a bad day at all man but i wanna hit those woops again norm got tired half way through em and grandpa'd the rest of em.lol

man looks like you guys had some fun... sure hope all the "trails" werent like that vid. trails like that always seem to piss me off. i have to go way to slow and break way too much stuff lol where at in pa was this?

I'd like to thank Awk and everybody for a great and wonderful time it was a blaster of time it was great to some new people and great to revisit some friends from last year. Im very happy everybody was ok and having fun. Awks mom makes the best mountain chilie I thank her for a great meal. Until next time my friends thank you

had fun awk and thaanks for the metal to fix my brake bracket. wasnt a bad day at all man but i wanna hit those woops again norm got tired half way through em and grandpa'd the rest of em.lol

anytime TJ, your close enuf to come for a day, gimme a week or so to recover from this !!!!!!

why do your videos come out sideways?? my neck hurts after watchin 2 minutes leaning to the left hahaa

android phone rookie !!!! i was trying to get a wider shot but when i turn the phone while filiming it doesnt look sideways on the screen ????

Damn dude.... Sounds like this was A LOT of fun! Wish I could of made it. The next one I'll deffinately be at. And for Speedemon, get better dude! And Awk, I wanna see more pics dude! Anything! We love pictures!

I am soooooooooo fricken sore right now and my wrist hurts I made the mistake of watching a comedy movie when I got home I laughed and each time my ribs kill me when I laugh or sneeze I will defiantly be back next time trying to talk grandpa into going to busco but everyone is alright I got some pics I will post up in a sec of everyones bike at the house I will have a lot of different mods on my bike for next ride like a steering stabilizer i'm hangin in here tho

I wanna see more pics dude! Anything! We love pictures!

slick was the official photogragher on this ride, i only took a few cell pics/vids, and tried to get some helmet cam, but i couldnt get the directions cd to load, so it wasnt on half the time i thought, and was aimed sh*tty the other half

dually should have some helmet cam vids ???

I am soooooooooo fricken sore right now and my wrist hurts I made the mistake of watching a comedy movie when I got home I laughed and each time my ribs kill me when I laugh or sneeze I will defiantly be back next time trying to talk grandpa into going to busco but everyone is alright I got some pics I will post up in a sec of everyones bike at the house I will have a lot of different mods on my bike for next ride like a steering stabilizer i'm hangin in here tho

glad to hear my new lil buddy is doing good !!!!!
come back anytime bro !!!!!
and i'll be hollerin for some shipping info in the next week or so.

and you got pics of all 19 bikes together in my moms yard ????

glad to hear my new lil buddy is doing good !!!!!
come back anytime bro !!!!!
and i'll be hollerin for some shipping info in the next week or so.

and you got pics of all 19 bikes together in my moms yard ????

yea i got like 2 or 3 i dont think i got the possy of 4 pokes and bikes in the back but i got the 700 raptor and the blastys that 700 couldnt catch us on the trails