ATV stolen

Jarhead

Dec 22, 2011
Penndel
So I got woken up @ 4am to the cops banging on my door,apparently one of my neighbors has a dirt bike and two kids pushing a dirt bike down the street is a little suspicious,they arrested them and the cop thought it was mine cuz he saw my trailer,and this got me thinking his could I make my quad completely unmovable,how does everyone secure your atvs:-/

What I do to secure my blaster is i bought a pretty thick, short chain and a combination lock and I put the chain through the rear sprocket hub so it is unmovable. Then I just use the combination lock to lock the chain up. Easy and simple. I have the combination written on a piece of paper in a safe spot just in case I forget I:I

I have the mean dog (pitbull),and the gun (springfield xd40)part covered just need a surveillance camera I guess

I use an industrial strength chain and a hardend lock. Take the chain wrap it arround the swingarm once and the other end through the spokes of the dirtbike have 2 links on both ends tight and overlaping and lock it and just keep an eye on it every now and then. But I only do this If there outside on display for sale or something. But I havent had to in a few years though. But thats how I do it that and I have a security system by Remington that and my parents just got a doberman puppy recently

I keep mine in a locked heated/cooled garage! Backed up with two boxers, two rifles, three shotguns, two bows, and one MEAN OLE LADY!

My garage is fully fenced in along with my house and i have three pitbulls that are literally meaner than a sh*t house ra and roam the popertyt!I also have 33 guns and am not afraid to use them.

I live in the country off a main highway and i let the local cops park in my front side yard and run radar so thats also a big deterrent if the local cops hang out in your yard,

If it were me the easiest single most effective thing you can do it run a big pad lock through the chain/sprocket so it cant move and FYI harbor frieght sells some low buck but effective home surveilance equipment so if they get it atleast you can show a description of the guys theyre looking for.

If it were me and i was your neighbor those two thieving little bastards woulda been MIA for a few days while i showed them wtf theiving from me constituted.I absolutely hate theives or liars of any shape or sort!

Glad your neighbor was able to get his property back

Well i Keep mine in my awesome garage. But if i leave it out side i ususally take the key out no dur lol and i keep it in my backyard right by my bedroom window so i check up on it lol and i have two guns a winchester 12 guage and a semi auto 22 long rifle just incase haha. If mine is on a trailer i usually just take the keys out of everything but i i know i should start being a little more protective so i got some huge strong bike locks. they amazingly strong so i will prolly wrap it around the top a arm and lock it to the trailer. But i rarley ever leave mine outside they always stay in my garage which will hold 2 trucks and 5 atvs and two locked doors.