Attention: JoshHockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
A lesson from The Godfather: Communication.

Understand that everyone here has at one time or another had things they couldn't figure out, hit a wall and became frustrated. It is how you deal with that frustration that matters. You had a problem, many tried to help you with that problem. You spit napalm in their faces for their attempt to help you. Next you post that YOU figured the problem out and blame the entire thing on the 'dumb' previous owner. You have shown the family great disrespect, this upsets me.

Had you simply posted "got it sorted out, guess there was more to the TORS system than I thought, thanks for the help", well, it would have helped you situation out. Their are many here who are your elders and know a great deal about Blasters. They are The Family. They enjoy helping other Family members. The Godfather even helps occasionally, though most of the time I will just kick you in the ass and tell you where you can find the answers. You learn more that way. The Godfather will make you swim, but he will not let you drown. The Godfather even posted a pik of the wiring diagram to help you solve your problem. Consider this a sign of good will as for most, I would have told them the wiring diagram is in their manual and posted online, go find it.

Treat The Family with respect, be humble and offer vig as you are far from being a made man. It will make your Blaster days much more enjoyable and rewarding. Continue to treat the family with disrespect, attempt to steal our goodwill and you will meet the literary equivelent of a Louisville Slugger.

The Godfather

i agree with the godfather, he did spit in the faces of the guys trying to help and then tried to sound high and mighty once the prob was figured out. i got no problems with the kid and im hoping it was just because he was frustrated.

And I do agree with everything said. I read through the thread and was astonished. There is no shame in not knowing, just means you have to learn.

Wow the Godfather is usually a man a few words (wise words of course).

Its best not to see the literary equivalent of the Louisville Slugger.

Nice post phragle! Many of us tried to help him out, such as myself. Being a newb around here, I'm sure he lost alot of respect from alot of people. To each its own however.

is it me or are all the new young members disrespectful and dont want to take the advice that you give them i think that disrespecting phragle is a bad idea hes probley forgoting more about blaster then some of them will even know i think a public apology is in order i think its time to man up and say your sorry joshhockey but thats m 2 cents

I just read the thread..... Umm wow !

Dear tim,

I know joshhockey and have worked on his quad with him. i can speak that everything he said in that thread was true we DID throw away a tors throttle switch and everyone was telling him that that is what it was. i PERSONALLY SAW both switches and witnessed both of them being removed from the bike. i understand his frustration because everyone was telling him he didn't remove the tors when he DID. i strongly request that this thread be closed and deleted this second!!!! i don't care if its the f**king godfather who made it no one should be able to make a thread to bash one person. I could care less if jesus himself made it this needs deleted now

Thanks,
Darederek

P.S. He don't owe anyone an apology you guys should apologize to him how many times did me and him combined say that we took that off the bike!!! and everyone is coming in and saying how dumb we are and how we don't know blasters when we defenitly took one of those switches off. I request an apology from everyone in that thread that came back telling us how stupid we were and how that that was def. that switch. No one needed to be smart about it. i understand joshhockey blew up and it was unnecessary , but so was all of your ignorant comments.

but all the advice given was right. it was a tors switch that was the problem. even if you "did" remove one that was still the problem. and no one here started being a jerk until you two guys started gettin all cocky and defensive. both of you guys are kids. not saying kids are dumb just lack life expirience. no one here is bashing just stating the facts. Also there have been numerouse ocations that one person has been singled out for there offensive behavior on the site. And that always seems to solve the problem.

but all the advice given was right. it was a tors switch that was the problem. even if you "did" remove one that was still the problem. and no one here started being a jerk until you two guys started gettin all cocky and defensive. both of you guys are kids. not saying kids are dumb just lack life expirience. no one here is bashing just stating the facts. Also there have been numerouse ocations that one person has been singled out for there offensive behavior on the site. And that always seems to solve the problem.

no one should be singled out for anything. this isn't the first time i have spoke out about bashing 1 single person.

and we didn't start being jerks or defensive till other people did.

here are examples of us calmly stating we already removed the tors switch

"its not part of the tors we already got rid of the switch you are talking about. yes i know it looks the same as the tors one though"

"Ya pretty sure its not the TORS. and it is causing me harm because it hangs far enough out of the quad that it will almost hit the ground so all that extra wire is zip tied up under my hood in the way. If you are going to say keep it there don't comment because i'm not going to unless i have to and thats what i'm doing until someone says how to get rid of it"

here are people ignoring what we said just thinking we know nothing

"It is without a doubt part of the tors. It is the tors located in the throttle body."

"That is the wire that comes out of the thumb throttle on the handle bars, it plugs into the TORS "brain".
Read through this. Yamaha Blaster Forum - The #1 Community For Yamaha Blaster Owners! "

"ya that is the TORS. it tells when the throttle is stuck wide open. just it out you dont need it."

Here is us getting annoyed because noone is listening

"it is not the tors. WE REMOVED THAT PART ALREADY"

"Ya like I said it is located under the hood not in the throttle body"

"OK f**ck it if thats what it is i'll just splice it then that box cant do anything but jump the wires anyhow."

here are people continuing to assume we are stupid teenagers that know nothing about blasters and ignoring us

"No need to get all touchy youngin
I know my blasters, obviously you dont. That IS a part of the TORS. Pick up a manual "

"Obviously you need to get a manual on how to fix your phucking bike. Funny thing... if you would have solved your crainial rectal inversion problem, you would have realized that the manual has wiring diagrams. And guess what Einstien, the wires are even phucking color coded so morons like yourself can figure them out. So print this pik, use it for toilet paper, because you sure as hell aren't smart enough to use it properly...

Oh, by the way, the pik you posted, has a black wire with a yellow stripe, funny thing is... it goes to the throttle switch. Unless you have somehow, with your rocket scientist wisdom, hooked a servo to your carb, the only other reason for a throttle switch would be the tors,"

and joshhockey blowing up because we are obviously only "stupid teenagers" to all of you

"Take your opinion somewhere else I really don't care about it 3 other people said it was the tors which i threw in the f**cking garbage can so thats not what it is. obviously you need to get a manual about when to shut your mouth."

and lastly him APPOLIGIZING and explaining exactly why he blew up. also explaining basically how no one was wrong because it was TORS but there was also already a switch that we removed

"Ok everyone sorry for flipping out but i can't stand when people act like i have no clue what the f**ck im talking about. I solved the problem! This is the same switch that would be in the throttle for the tors. BUT it is not the only one the previous owner had on it. There was one tied up under the hood and one in the throttle where it was originally so it had 2 tors switches in the wiring harness. I didn't believe there were 2 of them so i checked my trash pile and found the other one i already got rid and the place where i spliced the wires so I will have to splice these ones too. SO sorry to everyone who said it was tors and i said it couldn't be because I forgot one variable, how dumb the previous owner was."

HMMM AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THAT THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS THREAD BUT TO SINGLE OUT AND BASH???????????

Daredarek, it was a wiring issue. the wires on a blaster are color coded. they match the wiring diagram in the manaul. You can follow the wires in the harness easy enough. 5 minutes in the garage would have solved his problem. Several members told him what the problem was. He refused to listen.

And just for future reference, MY POST IN STARTING THIS THREAD WAS NOT BASHING HIM. Try reading it. It was an education on communication. it was made to HELP him.

If you really want a bash, I can do that at your request:

Well its obvious that you and Josh know everything about everything, your mensa card carrying rocket scientists... hell I bet you guys invented the blaster in your sleep because your so frigging smart. Have fun riding each other because you two will surely not be riding your brokeback blasters.

head%20in%20sand.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.