ASR a arms?

blaster003

May 13, 2014
I'm gonna order a set of the asr +3 +1 a arms which ones would be better for me the ones with heim joints or ball joints I ride really dusty and muddy conditions. I'm not sure if they both have heim joints because the descriptions are both the same. Also would I have to modify my spindles any for these? Here are links to each one of the sets.

Heim joints http://m.ebay.com/itm/361227712422

Ball joints
http://m.ebay.com/itm/351327408228

Get the ball joints, they've been having binding problems with the heim models lately.

If they say they fit your model, no modifying should be required ?
I didn't for my set with heims

Reactions: blaster003
you can only put the ball joints on the lower a arms if u r using blaster spindles if u want to put the ball joints on the upper a arms u will need banshee or yfz450 spindles

It says they fit without modifications but maybe this is a picture for another atv???

Murph, correct.... Due to pinch bolt on blaster, according to alba, they came up with a conversion for upper ball joint, maybe u can get their conversion to use on ur ASRs. I love my asr, i how ever am using blaster heims, new bike is having LT with banshee ball jounts fitted on very soon

I would run the banshee spindles and be done with it. Those you can trust. You can get them cheap on ebay. Raptor 350 spindles work too. Then you can run the upper/lower ball joints. Everything will bt up correctly. That's what I did. And I would be happy to help you set them up, with any measurements and such.

Go with the ball joints. I went through 2 sets of bad heims last summer before switching to ball joints and Banshee spindles. Not being able to steer easily can be bad news.

ASR did do everthing they could to make it right for me. They stand behind their stuff.

the a arms and tie rods are 380 and the kit with the brake lines is 474 i can get the cheaper kit and separate brake lines for 440 but will +2 brake lines work?

Just a quick search but these and banshee spindles can be had for under 40 bucks!
image.jpg

I run the asr +3 lines as well. Routing them was about the most confusing part. Don't forget to get a few brake line holder clamps as well. Helps keep things neat, clean, and secure.

I'd go with the +3 for the simple fact, we all know they work!!

The pinch bolt should be OK. I'm not sure of the tread size on the asr's compared to those ones you just showed.

Honestly, a set of shee spindles might be the easiest route. You only want to have to set them up once. I did mine 3 times last year, and was quite flustered the 3rd time.