are the reed cages different from the pre 2003 to the 03 - presnt blaster

camjames007

Jan 9, 2011
freedom , pa
i was having some issues with my blaster i just bought and i had a feeling it was the reeds . i took the 03 blaster reed cage out to find that it had a broken reed petal a friende gave me a cage from a mid 90's and it was a totally different cage . my question is did the factory change them or do i have an aftermarket cage on my blasty

you've got A/M's, all blaster reedcages identical

pics for an I.D.

i ended up putting one of the reed petals from the stock cage on my blaster and there was a very small gap at the lower edge of the cage and now i have a high idle is the slight gap from the stock reeds causing my high idle ? i can turn the idle up on my idle adj. screw but it wont go down . i figure the air gap is causing my high idle . im having problems loading pics onto the website :(

airleak, and hell yes that reed gap is gonna cause problems
do not ride it like that, fix the reeds properly and the airleak,
or you'll be on here asking piston questions

i know not to run it like that , i bought the quad in a non - running state . the tors was causing a no spark issue so i removed the tors and was seeing if that solved the problem and then when it wouldnt completely fire i removed the carb and made sure it was clean and the jets wasnt clogged and pulled the reeds and found that i had a broken reed. im ordering parts i was just firing the quad to see if there was any other issues so when i order my parts monday i can get everything