Anyone use Klotz BeNol

Tim Lutz

Aug 20, 2009
Columbus OHIO
My local shop stopped stocking Klotz Super techiplate. Bastards, I've been running this stuff for 30 years. I've used R50 before (good stuff) but Klotz says it will not blend with ethanol and I sometimes mix in 10-20% E85 to play with jetting.

Does anyone use BeNol? Heard it's good for hi RPM kart engines but tends to gum up the rings.

Just an FYI... Last month I thought I would give Yamalube a try cause I was breaking in the top end on the Blaster. I don't like to use anything synthetic when I break in a motor. So I mixed up 10 gallons at 32:1 and put it in the Blaster and the Banshee. The Banshee fouled the plugs 3 times before I remixed at 40:1 and closed the plug gap up a little. I have run Super tech plate at 40:1 for 8 years in the shee and never fouled a plug once.

I ran the Benol one time in my KX 250 and fouled 2 plugs. I drained the tank, put in a fresh plug, and filled the tank with 32:1 super techniplate and it ran normal agian. Since then, I won't touch the stuff.

benol is fine the only problem is that it'll freeze when its really cold, so for example you wouldn't wanna run it in a snowmobile or atv if its being used in the winter. it does mix with methanol and gas. mix it 32:1 just like the techniplate. you WILL NOT foul plugs as long as you werent before.

ive used nothing but benol in mine and its awesome. no plug problems. got a buddie that runs it in his 250r with the same great results. and the smell is to die for. I:I

my buddy orders like $500 of klotz from rocky mountain atv every year because the prices will go up next year. i think that he told me because he orders so much it gets free shipping and that around this time of the year they run a sale on the oil. you may want to consider buying a few gallons to get free shipping as it stores just fine. especially if you can get some buddies to chip in and but a couple of gallons.

Thanks guys.
I'm out da here. Heading for the bike shop to pick me up a quart. Loading up and heading to West Virginia. Hope we don't get too wet this weekend.

the klotz supertechniplate has benol in it,thats why it smells the way it does

benol is pure castor base blend its thick and can definilty gum up reeds and topends ,it is good for alky and open out of frames without silencers but for gas or a trail machine i would not use it to prevent buildup and possible etting woes ,klotz supertechnaplate is 80% syntehtic and 20% castor it is best all around and can be mixed with alky with great results,excellent oil for a variety of applications ..klotz R50 is pure synthetic very good for cold weather riding and powervalve assembly type dirtbike engines because of its clean burn .

Thanks Flotek. Yea, I love my supertechnaplate. Stuff's been around forever. I'm just goung to start ordering by the gallon. That's a nice looking Shee.