Anyone run e85

michaelbell85

Dec 31, 2011
Divernon Illinois
Wondering if anyone runs e85 at all i was told it will run cooelr but need to rejet and add compression. Also int e85 like 110 octane i know turbo drag cars love the gas.If you know anything about running all the info you got id like to insert into my brain.

I've always heard ethanol pump gas is not good for two-strokes, maybe 110 is different. I run non-ethanol always not even the up to 10% premium. It's always been non-ethanol 92 slightly more than regular premium with some ethanol but only like a dollar more per gallon.

I've always heard ethanol pump gas is not good for two-strokes, maybe 110 is different. I run non-ethanol always not even the up to 10% premium. It's always been non-ethanol 92 slightly more than regular premium with some ethanol but only like a dollar more per gallon.

Sunoco 94, i too have heard ethanol is no good for us!

Ethanol is not good for even the new bikes. Thats why there are alot of stations starting to have 1 pump for non ethanol (at least in oregon) and in washington I have seen alot of stations that have signs that say "no ethanol in our gas". Even a higher octane is still not good for quads, weed eaters, lawn mowers ect.. I dont know if they won or not but there was a bunch of boat owners who were trying to sue the feds for destroying there boat tanks and motors.

i run 93 octane i think it is 93 or 92 cant remember i just know what button to push at the pump. in my 300ex my uncle has run that in his praire since the day he bought it off the showroom floor in 05

It wont destroy it right away it takes some years. The ethanol fuel likes to eat the gaskets in the carb and pit it also. For the long life of your machines I would not recomend it. Also I would not let ethanol fuel sit for very long as it loves to collect mosture

nah thats why me and my uncle both turn the gas off and run the carb dry and he thinks for 4 strokes the 93 octane is better cuz it keeps the valves cleaner.

yeah having 10% added isnt the same as e85.I know e85 has some water in it from when its made.I believe its better for a engine as it runs cooler but is like alcohol as it eats gaskets.