another jetting problem

Tylerbb25331

Feb 22, 2013
i know theres a butt load of jetting forums but i dont want broad suggestions i want exact answers, with that said, i need to re jet but dont know what size, right now it bogs down at full throttle and the expansion chamber gets extremely hot almost as soon as the quad starts on a cold start, list of mods, fmf ex chamber fmf silencer bored over .50 and the jet right now says 250 on the side, any help please

i am about 1,028 ft above sea level, im running a moose "sponge" air filter and i took the air box lid off

you need to be ATLEAST a 270 main jet this is how i see it.
full fmf = 260 main
no airlid = 280
moose filter = 290

and thats beig genorous, so buy some jets 270-300 and do a plug chop starting with the 300 main jet. but make sure you have no airleaks and your float is correctly set and your idle is correctly set. im betting blaaster will chime in soon with vids on how to do all that stuff. so for now goodnight lol im goin to bed

you need to be ATLEAST a 270 main jet this is how i see it.
full fmf = 260 main
no airlid = 280
moose filter = 290

and thats beig genorous, so buy some jets 270-300 and do a plug chop starting with the 300 main jet. but make sure you have no airleaks and your float is correctly set and your idle is correctly set. im betting blaaster will chime in soon with vids on how to do all that stuff. so for now goodnight lol im goin to bed

Never refuse an invitation.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i bought the 300 jet and it made it better, but its still not perfect i messed with the carb (needle hight, air/fuel mixture screw..etc) and it will open up a little bit but then continues to bog so the only thing i can figure is i need a bigger jet, so now im running full fmf pipe no air box lid and bored .50 and a size 300 jet, will rev almost all the way up but once it starts getting those high rpm it starts bogging

ok so i bought the 300 jet and it made it better, but its still not perfect i messed with the carb (needle hight, air/fuel mixture screw..etc) and it will open up a little bit but then continues to bog so the only thing i can figure is i need a bigger jet, so now im running full fmf pipe no air box lid and bored .50 and a size 300 jet, will rev almost all the way up but once it starts getting those high rpm it starts bogging

high rpm is where the main jet kicks in, try a 290 main jet, and also leave the needle clip in the middle groove it works best there, also try the air/fuel mixtire screw at 1.5 turns out and see if that does it but im 99% sure it just needs a lower main jet

i know theres a butt load of jetting forums but i dont want broad suggestions i want exact answers , with that said, i need to re jet but dont know what size, right now it bogs down at full throttle and the expansion chamber gets extremely hot almost as soon as the quad starts on a cold start, list of mods, fmf ex chamber fmf silencer bored over .50 and the jet right now says 250 on the side, any help please

This ^^^ is impossible to do. The best anyone can do is give you a range. Even two identical setups might have different jetting needs. Not to mention elevation, temperature, and even humidity. You already have a 300, get 270, 280, 290.

An easy way to tell (other than plug chop/read*) if the main is to big or small is at the point it is starting to bog pull the enrichment (choke) halfway out. If it gets better you are lean, if it gets worse you're rich.