Anoter Jetting thread! Advises needed pls.

tornpvp

Mar 28, 2013
Montreal, QC
So hi guys, i am new here and i just bought myself a blaster and im about to rejet it correctly so everything stays smooth.. (hope so) Read alot of threads on here but im not into mechanic and never owned a quad either before... so basically i have 0 knowledge except what i've read from here!

The blaster i've bought has a couple mods on it... here's what i know of:

HR Crank/Bearings
High Comp 67.75MM wiseco piston
DG Pipe
UNI air filter / normal air box
stock carb

So the past owner ran Klotz supertechniplate which i will continue to run since it's great oil but the thing that bugs me is that he told me to run 50:1 on summer... (I live in Quebec,CANADA) From what i've read here, most poeple here run 32:1 to preserve the motor... which is what i will do.

The quad runs SUPER great, haven't seen any peeks or bugs...

My question is: Since i will go from 50:1 to 32:1 i will have less "gas" in the mixture... so when changing my main jet, i will have to go bigger from what it is now,(If i've understood the maths) should i jump alot from what it is now? (haven't cleaned the carb yet doing so so i dont know what main jet is in there, cleaning this tomorrow!)

Not too sure if everything is clear out there, my main language isn't english heh!
Anyways, i've learned so much from this site and cant thanks everyone enough yet! I:I

Thanks for the help ppl! Will keep this thread running with pictures and everything too tomorrow while trying to clean carb/jet this blaster!

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing from 50:1 to 32:1 will need one size larger main jet.

This should put you around #280 - #290 with your mods depending on elevation and temperature.

A plug chop should be done to confirm jetting.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I know of no high compression pistons made for a YFS200.

Alright, ill goto the store and get a #280/290/300 and start from there i guess.

It was written this on the recipe high comp wiseco 67.75mm so that's what i wrote loll maybe the seller wrote that with his comp not too sure heh.

Anyways, thanks for advise, i will start cleaning the carb tomorrow and see what main jet is in there! :)

Any second hand 2 stroke would benefit from a leak test.

It could pay to put a tester together and test for leaks.

Ya you are right, i saw your posts about that, i think i should do it before starting to jet the quad... seems quite complicated and long to build the tester and then test! I guess it pays to know if there's any leak too... think a quad mechanic has a tester? I might just pay him a couple dollars to be safe...!

Ok a little update:

Removed/cleaned the carb... there was a 270 main jet in there... i bought a 280/290/300 jet just to make sure...

The thing is, i REALLY hated the DG pipe, it was fitted awfully and everything so i decided to move on and bought a FMF / powercore2 silencer... started the quad... did a 30 second run... you could CLEARLY see the difference in the throttle response... snapped the gas a little in 2 and went for a wheelie.. jeeez!

So, before jetting and making sure everything is right, im making myself a leakdown tester tomorrow to make sure i don't fry anything before pulling hard while jetting... i had this question tho... i've seen the leakdown tester thread...

Question is: how do i fit the hose to the PVC part, do you seal it with silicone or epoxy?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Question is: how do i fit the hose to the PVC part, do you seal it with silicone or epoxy?
Thanks!

hose to pvc fittings requires npt thread to barb fittings, like this 90 degree adapter off the intake fitting, i got at my local hardware store.........

ezqsp.jpg