almost lost my fingers

ZoMbIeCuStOmS

Apr 7, 2010
was workin on my truck today and glove got caught in the fan belt. Pulled my hand right in over the ac compressor pully. I yanked my hand back out and thought I just smashed my fingers realy good ,but when I pulled my glove off I saw that the side of my finger was kinda hanging off and I was bleeding BAD. I wasn't going to go to the hospital until I put the peice of skin back and I couldnt get it to stop bleeding so I grabbed the roll of shop towels and jumped in the truck by the time I got to the hospital I had used up the whole roll of towels. I went in and the lady behind the counter said let me quess you cut yourself. I said no im here about my stomach ache to which she gave me a sneer and handed me paper work to fill out. I LOST MY FREAKIN MIND DOES SHE NOT SEE THAT I AM BLEEDING TO DEATH RIGHT HERE IN THE LOBBY. So I walked past her and found a doctor who freaked out about how much I was bleeding and took me right back. Broke my index and ring finger and got 19 stitches on the side of my middle finger. It was a bad day to say the least and I HATE NEEDLES. Also no pain meds guess I look like a prisoner. Pics later I have em on my phone just have to upload em.

never ever ever ever wear gloves while working near rotating or moving parts such as lathes belts fans motors. you will lose a finger or hand or arm

ouch man, i have had stitches in my hand before, the needles in too the hand are some of the worst i have ever got, feels like your fingernails are gunna fly out, not coool, get home though

sorry to hear that but remember to aleast use the second page of google for pics cough* cough* cole* cough* lol JK man

damn bro, that really sucks

when i was in high school, a vo-tech, they had evening adult classes, but i was always there in the eve's for wrestling practice, all of a sudden ambulances everywhere, but the bus came, didnt find out till the next day, that the super hot blonde that was taking machinist classes got her pony tail caught in a lathe,
killed her instantly ......brain matter everywhere.
that wing of the school was shut down for a week while they cleaned "her" off the walls, ceiling, and machinery

^^^^^ yeh there are some horror stories from lathes that is for sure, not something to mess around on. In my grade 9 tech class someone left the key in the chuck and turn it on, this lathe was old school, and it threw it out an took a big chunk out of a cinder block wall. and when my dad was in highschool, 35 years ago :eek: someone tipped over a gas tank, not sure what was in it, but the valve broke and the tank shot through the outside wall and a portable building outside