Allen Head Bolts

callmej75

Jul 12, 2009
Roanoke, VA
Does anyone have any idea what size allen head bolts are used on the blaster frame as far as the plastics and electricals that bolt onto the frame? I am going to buy some, but don't have a size chart to go off of. I know the allen head bolts I bought for the clutch and stator case fit in some of the bolt holes, but some are just a size bigger. I'd say in the size range of m5-m6-m8....and such. I can measure the length needed for them and get that close to or right on.

Much appreciated!

Oh...i'm also getting the button head allen heads for the plastics so it looks more stock...like this

Gardner-Westcott Button Allen Head Screws CHROME 1/4-28: eBay Motors (item 370385964165 end time Jul-23-10 08:59:49 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the rear plastics under the seat are a 6mm by 1.00 pitch.There are 3 or 4 different sizes on the blaster for the plastice,electronics etc.Maybe someone else will chime in.

Those are nice! I was able to use mostly M6-1.00 X 20 for all plastics but the front hood they were M5-.80 X 20 I have an '89 not sure if the newer years are different, also for the tank I used M6-1.00 X 40. Hope this helps-Slick

Thanks man! That's a start...I just threaded my taps through some of the bolt holes and it ranged from 7mm and 1.00 pitch for the rear grab bar, 5mm and .9 pitch for the hood bolts, and 5mm and .8 pitch for the electricals...so would that be right to go by the size of the taps on my tap and die set?

LOL...thanks for confirming slick! That's some good stuff for the lengths too..I was gonna go the long route and measure the stock bolt lengths with the dial caliper and get it close to that if not the same

I am also getting allen bolts with lock nuts for mounting the shocks. I will take them into lowes with me for an exact fitment on them and then order the stainless bolts online.

hey, dont buy that bolts, the 1 u posted on 1st post... the round head will make u renegate if the allen is forced n rounded on the inside bolt, dunno if u get what i mean... but sooner or later those fail and all fix posible is cut the bolt n take off wit the hard way...

for the price dif i suggest u try get those vitos or so allen bolts sets... dunno... just imo...

good luck n keep going on ur built, is ending really nice...

Thanks Charles! I actually got the engine put together with the Vitos allen head bolts...these would be just for the plastics. The allen head bolts would be a little different than the pic, but flat and spread out like the stock philips head bolts.