Top end kit help

MBH

Mar 3, 2017
Just purchased blaster as a project with my son. Engine is destroyed and working on a rebuild. After receiving new top end I have found that the one that was on my machine was not stoke. Having a hard time trying to figure out what it is. The piston is damaged enough that markings are not evident. Cylinder bore is @ 71mm. It has some very distinctive porting ( Intake and exhaust ). Also bolts that run thru the cylinder on the intake side. It has a 6 bolt reed cage and exhaust appears to be the same size as the new cylinder I received. Also the center distances on head studs are a couple of mm off from the stock. I'll try to attach a pic of the intake port to see if anyone might be able to give me some info as to where I might be able to track down a new piston.( 0.10" oversize to take care of some scoring and ware)

Attachments

• IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 201
Interesting. I haven't seen one of those in ages. That would be a Ct racing head.

http://ctracing.net/site/atv-performance/yamaha-2/blaster-200/

If your cylinders measure at 71mm, you have the CT sonic kit. About half way down the page, they have a wossner piston kit with pistons in the 70mm range. Have a shop look at it and give you an opinion on it. From there you can order piston kits from wiesco.

What exhaust did the bike come with?

Reactions: speedyslyder
Thanks for the info. I actually did find a marking on the piston last night and that did point to CT pistons. Looks like it is actually a 250 R piston that came in the kit and from looking at the link you sent they had purchased the complete package it does have pipe and silencer and flat side carb. Sounds like I should probably work on getting that set up together and stead of spending time on the stock rebuild. Any thoughts on actual performance that thing should rip pretty well I assume

Thanks for the info. I actually did find a marking on the piston last night and that did point to CT pistons. Looks like it is actually a 250 R piston that came in the kit and from looking at the link you sent they had purchased the complete package it does have pipe and silencer and flat side carb. Sounds like I should probably work on getting that set up together and stead of spending time on the stock rebuild. Any thoughts on actual performance that thing should rip pretty well I assume

The CT kit is top of the line. If someone bought the entire kit (exhaust, carb, cylinder) then they spent some decent money. If I had to guess, a full set up like your should be you around 34-38 HP. If you have a reputable shop in town I'd take it there. Don't let a scrub work on it.

Reactions: joeak47
The CT kit is top of the line. If someone bought the entire kit (exhaust, carb, cylinder) then they spent some decent money. If I had to guess, a full set up like your should be you around 34-38 HP. If you have a reputable shop in town I'd take it there. Don't let a scrub work on it.
FYI it is a complete kit. CT pipe and Kehin carb. Cylinder is a stocke 72mm. Not damaged bad. Mostly issues from dirt injestion, minor damage from piston failure, detonation.

FYI it is a complete kit. CT pipe and Kehin carb. Cylinder is a stocke 72mm. Not damaged bad. Mostly issues from dirt injestion, minor damage from piston failure, detonation.
Nice find. Let me know if you want to sell that cylinder