Airbox lid question

jdhuegel1

Oct 31, 2010
Hey guys - quick question:

Did any year Blaster come with an airbox lid with 6 breather holes?

Originally I didn't think anything of it, but after poking around and not seeing one I figured I'd ask. My airbox lid has 6 holes in it; I guess they're around 1/2-3/4" in diameter. They look factory and have little matching filters on the underside. Was this an option, or did someone take a lot of time modding this thing?

I can post a pic tonight - although it's not really anything astounding..

Thanks!

Justin

nope, that was done by the previous owner, it does add some nice power, mine is completly off, u juest need to make sure it is rejetted

Ok, thanks! Man... he must have had some decent fabricating skills. It really looks factory. I'll get a pic later.

I was a little perturbed to find the main jet was 230 with full exhaust and (now new to me) a modded airbox lid. No wonder it has a fresh top end... :) I've since removed the lid, replaced the filter, and re-jetted. A 290 main has given a pretty good looking plug chop so far. I'd like to get another since the weather is cooling off...

Appreciate the feedback!

Ok, thanks! Man... he must have had some decent fabricating skills. It really looks factory. I'll get a pic later.

I was a little perturbed to find the main jet was 230 with full exhaust and (now new to me) a modded airbox lid. No wonder it has a fresh top end... :) I've since removed the lid, replaced the filter, and re-jetted. A 290 main has given a pretty good looking plug chop so far. I'd like to get another since the weather is cooling off...

Appreciate the feedback!

nice, good work realizing what needed to be done I:I you would be amazed how many new owners would have blown it up first and asked questions later.. :eek: :eek:

mine has 8 holes with vents in it any other mods to the blasty
For now just a DG Exhaust and NoFoil filter. I removed the airbox lid.. :)

What size main jet is installed to match those filter holes?
Sadly, it was stock. I put a 290 main in, and clip in stock location with new Vito pin. The previous owner had it one clip from the top.
I've done one good plug chop and it's safe. Actually a tad rich, but at least now I might be able to hold the motor together. It had a fresh rebuild when I got it. Wonder why?? LOL

Reactions: hudack
nice, good work realizing what needed to be done I:I you would be amazed how many new owners would have blown it up first and asked questions later.. :eek: :eek:

I did a lot of reading on this forum (THANKS!) before I bought it.. I knew it was freshly rebuilt but wasn't sure about jets in the carb. I didn't feel safe even running it before checking the jets. :D

your my favorate newbie rep for you bro i agree with noob glad to see you know what you are talking about

Thanks! I:I

I'd probably be one of 'those' newbs too had I not been through this before with my RX7's. I learned to research, THEN buy. B) I've got all my info from here and hope I can help people out as well.

I learned the tricks of the internal clutch adjustment here too.. man what a BIG help that was. That can be pretty tricky without a little guidance. ;)