New carb

BlasterPat

Jan 8, 2016
New Jersey
Ok guys so most of my parts have come in for my 2006 blaster se, im am starting to like the outcome and the final thing i want to do , well before my tires come in would be to upgrade the carb, i am very interested in the mikuni tm flatslide 32mm carb would that be a good option with a dmc alien exhaust v4's snorkel off air box and 6 holes drilled in the AB lid with the little uni airbox lid filters in the holes, also with a uni air filter also i am using a 270 main jet with the needle on clip 5 from the top and stock pilot , if i get this carb will i have to change all my jetting or just use the same setup? also i will be getting the godly KOR mild trail nothing major port work done with a lightened flywheel. im just liking the 32mm seems right then i can finally move on to suspension. which isnt that bad on the 06 now the 02 its like riding an ATV with 2x4's for shocks.

I would save the doe and run the stock carb. Considering larger carbs favor pipes with mid/top end power. Your DMC is a low end pipe and favors the stock carb. Honestly, I would put my money into suspension first. You could have all the motor work, but without a way to keep it on the ground it's worthless.

Reactions: bummer981
Hold off on the bigger carb. The stock carb works great, even with porting! Spend your money where it counts by getting the porting done.

Are you getting your head re-chambered into a high compression "Hemi" head?
If not, I highly recommend Ken taking care of that at the same time you get that cylinder done. There is a lot of power in a re-chambered head. You can also run pump gas too!

Pass on the carb.

Reactions: OConnor Racing