air leak question

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
well i brought my motor to work and wrench on it during my breaks and discovered a few things.

but first a question, if there is a poor seal between the cylinder and the head (i.e. the copper gasket) is it possible to produce a small air leak but still have compression

because this might have been the case.

also i may have found a poor gasket seal with the vforce3s.

regardless i replaced it all and hopefully can get her up and running asap

So.you'r saying you ran the gasket.If you did and it was leaking.You would see a dark spot on the mating surfes where it was leaking going from the inside to outsibe of the gasket.

when I built my top end & put my v3's on I used new gaskets and STILL had an air leak so I put a little black ATV sealer on all fronts and backs of my intake gaskets then it was finally air tight w/ no leaks.

Reactions: Blaster200boy
this is the second time i've heard of the vf3's being hard to seal, i will have rtv on both gaskets when i put my top end back on

check the studs upon reinstalling the head if you cant reach your torque target on the nuts its probably pulling the threads out of the cylinder.

I hope to have pictures and write up of the instalation of e-z-lok thread repair inserts soon

check the studs upon reinstalling the head if you cant reach your torque target on the nuts its probably pulling the threads out of the cylinder.

I hope to have pictures and write up of the instalation of e-z-lok thread repair inserts soon

The man makes a good point here.....

yes there was a black ring around the gasket, just another one of my careless i wanna get her running quick mistakes, but you live and learn. replaced all the topend gaskets with cometic stuff and now that i still have time im gonna replace the shift shaft a do a few other things.