Aftermarket carb trouble

Jun 30, 2016
Ga
I bought this carb off eBay. Thought it was the same thing with all tors stuff already done. After looking g at it, it is not. Cable I bought will not work. Slides are different heights. Cable I believe is not going g to work. 1 because there nothing at end of cable to connect it to carb. Says mikuni but no other markings. Plz someone help me. Im begging

Attachments

• 1472698952445-1082146544.jpg
    1472698952445-1082146544.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 271
Have you measured the inside diamter of the engine (small) side with a vernier? what is its size? Your only restriction with using a different carb is the physical fitment of it into 1.) the reed cage/intake boot. 2.) the airbox pipe fitment onto the carb. If it fits it can work.

Your slide heights can be corrected by adjusting the idle screw. This will raise or lower the slide height. If your cable doesnt have anything on the end, get one that does or take it in to a cable repair place and have them crimp on a blob or whatever those things are called.

Remember your jetting will need to be done once you get this working, after you perform an airleak test of course!

I tried putting the slide from the original in. It doesn't sit right on the bottom. Leaves a 1/8 inch gap. As well the idle screw doest touch it. Have checked inlet one outlet they are the same. My question to is that the Jets for the aftermarket one is a whole long price unlike original one. I'm lost ty for your help

Have you measured the inside diamter of the engine (small) side with a vernier?
* Meant to say Inside diameter of the CARB, not engine.

Why dont you just use the slide from the new carb?

Jets sound interesting. are you sure this is a 2 stroke carb and not a 4 stroke? post some more pics please.

Chime chime, anyone else with some intel?

This is all I have at the moment. The carb openings are the same. Japanese knock off bs. I got suckered. I'll post more later

Attachments

• 1472729150926152061510.jpg
    1472729150926152061510.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 239
Well thats clearly not the same as a standard Blaster carb - its close but no cigar. From the eBay pics, it is a 2 stroke carb though (usually the easiest way to spot the diffs to is check the position of the air screw - 2 strokes have an AIR screw before the slide, 4 strokes have a FUEL screw after the slide.

Even if it is a knock-off Mikuni - there is a very good chance it will still use the standard Mikuni jets, the same as the Keihin knock-offs. So just order your jets via the Yamaha dealer as normal. But this should be easily verified with a quick visual comparison

I'm just going to find a stock carb and do that one right. This is going to make me lost. Tried to frankistien it but caps are different. He'll everything is even the fake muliki logo or what ever it is.

Can anyone tell me where I should order the cap, cable, and throttle screw from. Do I need to get jets for it if I use a stock