6-1-15 phone update 1746.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 199
  • 6-1-15 phone update 1747.jpg
    6-1-15 phone update 1747.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 250
  • 6-1-15 phone update 1748.jpg
    6-1-15 phone update 1748.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 231
Do you have the TORS block on top of your carb? I am assuming you do not if it had a twist throttle on it. The problem may be your cable. The stock cable is designed to mount to the original TORS unit that was on the carb.

You may just need a new cable that we use to eliminate the TORS.

Any pictures of the top of the carb?

Throttle looks same. Does it still have TORS brick on top of carb? Your cable might be for tors eliminated carb.

Have link to cable you bought?

Sorry no has aftermarket(bigger) mikuni carb on it
the cable I got of ebay was to long inside
the housing was right size
that's why I thought maybe the throttle part was wrong (of different model) sorry I purchased to long ago no info

From the looks of the protective cover on the cable in the 1st pic, I'm pretty sure you have a stock Yamaha cable. You need an aftermarket cable for deleted TORS with a thumb throttle.

Sorry no has aftermarket(bigger) mikuni carb on it
the cable I got of ebay was to long inside
the housing was right size
that's why I thought maybe the throttle part was wrong (of different model) sorry I purchased to long ago no info

You might have bought the aftermarket cable for a twist throttle which has about an inch of extra cable to work in a twist

It is very hard ordering the right damn cable. I have gotten the wrong one twice before i have found the right one

To aid you in the search, here is the exact one i ordered. I have oem thumb throttle, and a 32mm mikuni carb (larger)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-BLAS...humb-Throttle-cable-911-/171806203810?vxp=mtr

you really have to read descriptions. before i had gone off a picture and they sent me the oem cable for the TORs

Reactions: bountyhunter
You might have bought the aftermarket cable for a twist throttle which has about an inch of extra cable to work in a twist

It is very hard ordering the right damn cable. I have gotten the wrong one twice before i have found the right one

To aid you in the search, here is the exact one i ordered. I have oem thumb throttle, and a 32mm mikuni carb (larger)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-BLAS...humb-Throttle-cable-911-/171806203810?vxp=mtr

you really have to read descriptions. before i had gone off a picture and they sent me the oem cable for the TORs