advice needed on a 95 blaster

Sounds like you have some reading to do. There's plenty of threads about everything blaster here.
I think I just read threads here for a couple weeks before I even started to post. There's tons of info here. Just have to do a little searching. :)

Im new too but wht all the info & help i got frm the forum im up & running.Read a few more threads & u will be blasting off in no time.

its 12 oclock, im done working on it for the night. but as im sitting here thinking, the quad came stock with turn signals, lights, the works. seeing as to how the coil was intended to run with all of the bells and whistles, and now i dont have any of that on the quad, do you think that it could be shorting it out or something? i plan on checking for shorts everywhere tmr til i find the problem.

One possibility could be the plug is fouled. Did you try a new plug?
But you really need to do a compression and leak test before worrying about other things. It may need a bore job now.

hmmm, the turn signals might have been aftermarket. before i got it, it was raced on a drag strip, he gave me everything with it, stock frame, stock rims and wheels, stock handle bars, turn signals, brake and tail lights. idk. but ive thought about taking it to someone to get looked at, but the closest place would be almost two hours away to the yamaha dealer. idk anyone that can work on it around here. so im s.o.l. if i cant get this done on my own i guess.

haha, thanks for the confidence man. just have to figure out how this whole compression and leak down test deal goes.

Both tests will give you valuable info on how to proceed.
quadsrus1 has a link in his sig for the compression and I have one for the leak test if you need more info on doing them.
Good luck. I:I

It's cheaper to read then ride.

No way dude X(. Don't you know this is the age of entitlement :eek:. I want an answer and I want it now!! And I want you to find it. And if you were closer I'd make you spin the wenches :eek:.

Really though, either buy a Clymers or find the download on this site. I prefer the old fashioned book so I can look at it, then look at what I'm doing. Plus the Clymers has a great section on carburators, tells you which circut is which throttle setting I:I

how would i do the leak down test?

Build your own or, buy one or, rent one! Her's the how to in detail.

leaktest001.jpg

No way dude X(. Don't you know this is the age of entitlement :eek:. I want an answer and I want it now!! And I want you to find it. And if you were closer I'd make you spin the wenches :eek:.

Really though, either buy a Clymers or find the download on this site. I prefer the old fashioned book so I can look at it, then look at what I'm doing. Plus the Clymers has a great section on carburators, tells you which circut is which throttle setting I:I

i joined this forum to learn more about my blaster, i joined this forum to be around and talk to other blaster fans, i DIDNT join this forum because i felt entitled to information or help, but if the forums have a place to ask questions on things im not exactly educated about, why wouldnt i use this chance to learn while ive got the chance? i also didnt join the forum to listen to someone shoot down my enthusiasm to learn about fixing quads. not trying to sound like a jerk man, but the smart comment wasnt appreciated. merry christmas man.

i joined this forum to learn more about my blaster, i joined this forum to be around and talk to other blaster fans, i DIDNT join this forum because i felt entitled to information or help, but if the forums have a place to ask questions on things im not exactly educated about, why wouldnt i use this chance to learn while ive got the chance? i also didnt join the forum to listen to someone shoot down my enthusiasm to learn about fixing quads. not trying to sound like a jerk man, but the smart comment wasnt appreciated. merry christmas man.

It's all good. My point was that people get a 2 stroke without knowing about jetting , leak testing and come on here asking why it won't run. I spent a week on here reading before I rode my first Blaster.

i was at my buddies and he randomly said "gimme a hundred bucks for my blaster and its yours" and ive been on the thing a few times before. so i handed him the money and took it home. wasnt really planning on getting a quad. just a spur of the moment kinda thing. if i cant get this thing running here shortly, im going to find someone to help me with it, or im going to have to get rid of it. ive caused more damage than ive fixed on this thing so far. thats why i joined the forums haha. gotta learn so i can attempt to fix it soon.