advice needed on a 95 blaster

webblaster92

Dec 23, 2011
south carolina
new to the site, so bare with me guys. Ok, so recently bought a 95 blaster, first few days the thing absolutely RIPPED. the second tank of gas i ran through it was too heavy and it smoked something fierce. even ran like crap. i could rev it fine but towards the top end of reving it would sound like it was losing power. if i put it in gear and took off it would go for a few feet and die out. i had a friend suggest checking the reeds, checked the reeds, perfect. cleaned the carb, looks new. now the thing wont even start. pretty confused as to what went wrong with the thing. thanks guys.

You running an aftermarket exhaust? if so it might not be jetted correctly. Check all the carb setting such as the air mixture screw and pilots and jets to match your pipe if you have one or the stock settings.

Or the oil injection pump might be going out not much experiance with the pumps but might be the problem

Was the smoke white? Could have been a crank seal.
Or did you run pre-mix AND the injection?
In both of those cases it would have run lean and now needs a rebore.
Need to do a leak down test and compression test.
Link to leak down test in my sig. vvvvv

honestly NO idea where my oil injection pump would be located. new to working on quads. and as far as exhaust, nope, stock pipes

Sounds like you have some reading to do. There's plenty of threads about everything blaster here.
I think I just read threads here for a couple weeks before I even started to post. There's tons of info here. Just have to do a little searching. :)

havnt ran a compression, or air leak test. and the float is good. the smoke was super white and was seriously horrible. couldnt see the quad from three feet away. i used premix 32:1. i honestly dont think it has an injection system. but how would i be sure?

just checked the ignition system, the plug isnt even creating a spark when i kick it. the plug is set at .31 but would an ignition problem have caused all of this??

havnt ran a compression, or air leak test. and the float is good. the smoke was super white and was seriously horrible. couldnt see the quad from three feet away. i used premix 32:1. i honestly dont think it has an injection system. but how would i be sure?

I'm 95% sure it was a bad crank seal. A leak down test would confirm.
Clouds of white smoke = burning trans fluid. :(