Accel cork gasket material?

I've used it before on other applications and it worked ok. Its not that durable and tends to "crumble" when cutting it, or working it. Good for emergencies I guess.

I would purchase OEM gaskets for your blaster. The material that Yamaha uses has what looks like "long fibers" in it which makes it much more durable. The OEM gaskets are also very pliable.
Believe me when I say that you don't want air leeks around your reeds/intake, let alone anywhere.

Fel-Pro "Karropak" gasket material is pretty good stuff. You can find it at most automotive stores.
it comes in a few thicknesses.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/fel-pro-gasket-sheets/gasket-sheet-material/karropak

On my blaster though, I would only use oem gaskets.

You say you have problems with your VForce reeds sealing? I've never had a problem. Are you sure your installing them correctly?

P.S. ... Don't use RTV goop to seal EVERYTHING, because of a warped sealing surface, or damaged gasket.
Don't be that guy.

Reactions: BlasterPat
I've used it before on other applications and it worked ok. Its not that durable and tends to "crumble" when cutting it, or working it. Good for emergencies I guess.

I would purchase OEM gaskets for your blaster. The material that Yamaha uses has what looks like "long fibers" in it which makes it much more durable. The OEM gaskets are also very pliable.
Believe me when I say that you don't want air leeks around your reeds/intake, let alone anywhere.

Fel-Pro "Karropak" gasket material is pretty good stuff. You can find it at most automotive stores.
it comes in a few thicknesses.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/fel-pro-gasket-sheets/gasket-sheet-material/karropak

On my blaster though, I would only use oem gaskets.

You say you have problems with your VForce reeds sealing? I've never had a problem. Are you sure your installing them correctly?

P.S. ... Don't use RTV goop to seal EVERYTHING, because of a warped sealing surface, or damaged gasket.
Don't be that guy.
My v4's sealed beatifully but before I got them I have seen dozens of posts about air leaks around em.(probably from 14 year old kids that used the gaskets in the wrong spot lol and didn't use a torquer ) All I used was the gaskets that came with them nothing else. Only thing I used rtv on was the exhaust on my 2002 :)

My v4's sealed beatifully but before I got them I have seen dozens of posts about air leaks around em.(probably from 14 year old kids that used the gaskets in the wrong spot lol and didn't use a torquer ) All I used was the gaskets that came with them nothing else. Only thing I used rtv on was the exhaust on my 2002 :)

I think your correct about the kids putting the reeds together wrong. Nothing against 14 year old kids working on their blasters, I just know and undertand the excitement of getting a cool new part that actually works, and being in a hurry installing it.

The hell with instructions! ;)

I think your correct about the kids putting the reeds together wrong. Nothing against 14 year old kids working on their blasters, I just know and undertand the excitement of getting a cool new part that actually works, and being in a hurry installing it.

The hell with instructions! ;)
Lmfao yup nothing wrong with it at all those were the good ol days. Internet was rare when I was younger so everything you had to learn from trial and error pfft leak down tester rofl never knew they existed lol but my blaster always ran strong on the other hand I think now I understand why my brand new raptor 660 lasted less than a year back when I was 15 always was a 2 stroker.

image.jpeg
Not trying to thread jack, but it is a 2003 Z1000 Kawasaki. Run's 10.20's to 10.40's @131ish mph. Raced it for 3 years, now sold.