99 Yamaha blaster

Blaster fool8

Jan 30, 2012
St.louis
I have a 1999 yamaha blaster i did a full rebuild except the engine this winter, and finished it. Then broke my leg (on my blasty) broke tibia and fibula, long story i had surgery and had a rod put into my leg and im out for 12 weeks. Sooo i was thinking of rebuilding and boring, honing, porting.

The current mods i have right now is fmf fatty gold series fatty pipe and silencer. Tusk comp series bumper, all balls bearing in swing arm.

What are some more aftermarket parts, mods?

I haven't got to check the piston and all that. i was thinking of bring it to my tech school.

THANKS I:I

I suggest sending the cylinder and head off to be ported and machined. What happened to your piston that you need to check it?

lemme guess.....during the original rebuild, you left the heelgaurds hangin in the garage and the axle ate that tib/fib ???
and in my case ripped my foot out of socket and facing backwards along with the tib/fib

ken oconnor has some videos posted for "home porting" videos posted on here,
but they're nothing like having him do them himself.............

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/cylinder-porting-diy-25773/

check his youtube channels also, good vids on checking piston to cylinder specs and others that could help you check your engine specs...........

koconnor07's Channel - YouTube

kenoconnorracing's Channel - YouTube

you're also gonna need the blaster downlaodable manual ............

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

check the rebuild, different engine and mod sections on here, and some of our sigs for common mods

keep us posted, and get us some pics posted up

I have a 1999 yamaha blaster i did a full rebuild except the engine this winter, and finished it. Then broke my leg (on my blasty) broke tibia and fibula, long story i had surgery and had a rod put into my leg and im out for 12 weeks. Sooo i was thinking of rebuilding and boring, honing, porting.

The current mods i have right now is fmf fatty gold series fatty pipe and silencer. Tusk comp series bumper, all balls bearing in swing arm.

What are some more aftermarket parts, mods?

I haven't got to check the piston and all that. i was thinking of bring it to my tech school.

THANKS I:I

Sorry to hear ya got hurt! But they say if ya don't get hurt ya don't ride hard enough!

Get a VF3 reed cage set up , larger carb, and a aftermarket air box and uni foam pod filter-to help it breathe! along with the port work and head modification!

well i know how to ride, i got my foot stuck in something i dont remember everything but i didnt pay attention and hit a jump and put too much weight in the front anf fliped that all i remember. I:I I know how to ride. i also do have the blaster manual. i just havnt touch the engine.

Im not a kid i love using my hands i can do many things. :(

Im also worried if i do get it bored, the tranny will not take it. i have all the ken o connor racing videos of porting.

well i know how to ride, i got my foot stuck in something i dont remember everything but i didnt pay attention and hit a jump and put too much weight in the front anf fliped that all i remember. I:I I know how to ride. i also do have the blaster manual. i just havnt touch the engine.

Im not a kid i love using my hands i can do many things. :(

Im also worried if i do get it bored, the tranny will not take it. i have all the ken o connor racing videos of porting.

Rest assured the tranny is pretty rugged.

I didnt have my heel guards because they wouldnt fit because of the new tires my dad got at the last minute (Figures) and they were cracked. I dont know really what happend but all i can remember or mabye i dreamed this up is i had my left foot stuck in something i was trying to get it out. all this wwas happening and i wasnt paying attention hit a jump i guess i fliped it and it finaly came lose. from that i remember everything else laying on the ground with my foot 90 degrees and floppin back and forth. wasnt fun. and i got 6 screws and a rod. but im going to get a second option cus my knee its bowing in. but other than that im good.

Well i had to get back on it after comign home from the hospitial. i had to wash it to get all the sand off it. coming out of my apartment car washing area. i tapped 2nd or 3rd gear and hit the power band and poped a wheelie haha. I just brought a toyota tacoma and im about to turn 17 on june 4. Life is pretty good right now. but there always sh*t around the corner :)

my older brother and i have the same leg that was hurt other than his is 20x worst than mine. He was hit by an IED.