99 all stock!

kevintheduu

Dec 24, 2010
Yakima, WA
d I just recently bought a '99 Blaster. As far I can tell, everything it has it stock from the tires/wheels along with the motor. There's a bit of rust but the joints/welds look fine and I have a buddy sandblasts/ powdercoats :)

I know I have a long journey to get this puppy from where it is now to where I want it, all black everything with blue plastics.

My first question is can I put on the 03+ plastics on it? I read I can put the raptor 250 fairings on, but I like the look of the blue 03+ ones.

thanks guys! I'll be posting pictures soon

I've seen people with 2001's(same frame as yours) with the 03+ hoods on them.
Whether they had to make special mounts for the bolts or what i dont know. But I do know that Maier makes a one piece for the front that looks really sweet and is made for that year. You will have to pay a decent price but they will definitely fit and since its all in one you can just pop the front off when working on it or whatever. I found em on the Project Blaster website.

Welcome to the forum. The answer to your question is yes the 03+ plastic will fit. There is a thread here on how to do it. Just use the search and look around some.

Welcome, if it's all stock, the first thing you should do is delete the oil injection and run premix, if you don't, you'll be worrying about a lot more than your plastics....... 8-|

Thats on my asap list here:

1) Remove TORS (can i still adjust idle w/ the screw under the seat after?
2) Oil-Injection Off
3) clean carb
4) Repalce Tranny oil
5) new air filter, the stock one is coming apart/ looks too nasty to clean

and here is what I want to do in the long run
1) New Exhaust ( sub $200 like a FMF, opinions please)
6) rebuild the top end
2) Boyseen Reeds
3) 250r Rear Shocks (opinions please)
4) ITP Holeshot Tires all around
5) Sandblast the rust, paint everything blaaaackkk

Thats on my asap list here:

1) Remove TORS (can i still adjust idle w/ the screw under the seat after?
2) Oil-Injection Off
3) clean carb
4) Repalce Tranny oil
5) new air filter, the stock one is coming apart/ looks too nasty to clean

and here is what I want to do in the long run
1) New Exhaust ( sub $200 like a FMF, opinions please)
6) rebuild the top end
2) Boyseen Reeds
3) 250r Rear Shocks (opinions please)
4) ITP Holeshot Tires all around
5) Sandblast the rust, paint everything blaaaackkk

Rear shock you can use the 450r, 400ex, z400, or kfx 400 with these bushings and bolt 400 EX bushings I have the 450r and love it.

Exhaust FMF is really your only option under 200 and at that it will have to be used unless you are planing on keeping the stock silencer. I have the FMF fatty and power core II silencer its a good pipe especially if you are on a budget.

TORS yes you can still adjust the idle with that screw.

All of you have such clean quads, its making me not want to post mine in its current state.
I forgot to add that I want to flip the front wheels.

I have so much I want to do!!! I wish I had the funds to do everything now

All of you have such clean quads, its making me not want to post mine in its current state.

We like pics of Blasters in any condition! Don't be afraid to show us what you're workin' with. The majority of the pics you see on here aren't what we started with, what you see is the result of lots of time, money, hard work, smiles:)-frowns:(, and pride.
Sounds like you're on the right path to having a nice Blaster you'll be proud of too! I:I

that looks like a good list to start out with. I would just like to personaly thank you for taking the time to research a bit and figure out what you need to do before just askin......uh i just bought a 99 blaster and what do i do?............ hate that f'n question. and don't forget... pics! pics! we want pics!

I have some aftermarkets like a +4 swingarm and other stuff that I would cut you a deal on. I'm in Warren, Pa 16365. If you are anywhere near me I'd give it too you for $50. Its real nice.

man mine was a basket case when i got it. just about everyone one the site has built there blasters from scratch to get them where they are now. so no worries man post up lets see what your ridinI:I

welcome aboard man I:I dont be embarassed by the current state of your blasty dude, its just a starting point, you should have seen what mine looked like all multi colored with a taped up seat :D. and as far as money goes yeah its important but putting time into it is more important.