95 suzuki rm 250 vs 89 kdx 200

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
Ok so my little brother shows up with a 95 suzuki rm 250 he traded for.he had to have one after me buying my kdx.I looked this bike over and iit has a pro circuit header annd an unknown silencer.carb needs cleaned and adjusted doesn't like to idle too well.now me and my little bro are very competitive.I've always been faster when it came to quads,cars,and our motorcycles,and atvs.but I think he may one up on me out of the box seeing how the suzi makes 51hp stock from what I read.throw a couple more on with exhaust.my question is this kdx makes 37 hp stock and I have dyno port header,pro circuit silencer,boysen reeds,uni filter no air box lid,and has been regeared what is it going to take to either beat him or atleast stay with him?I've never been out done before and don't intend to let my little bro get bragging rights that he finally beat me.so how bad ass are the suzi 250's?how well do they respond to mods?same goes for my kdx?what's it going to take or is it a lost cause?

The KDX just isn't gonna run with the RM, Maybe with some major Engine mods like big bore and stroke. But for the price of that I'm sure you could just buy a faster bike.

Or learn how to ride the KDX fast in tight woods, that's where your bike will beat up on the RM

I had a 96 RM250 that had a Bills pipe and FMF silencer. My dad has a 95 KDX220 with FMF pipe and silencer. The KDX could not hang with in it a straight line.

You can use that to your advantage tho. Yeah sure his MX bike is faster in a field or on an MX track. But in some tight single track woods, your off road bike will be faster against his MX bike!

Let him beat up on you in a drag race and talk a bunch of sh*t about how much faster and better his bike is. But Imagine how pissed he would be when you go riding and he cant keep up on his "faster" bike. It would be great!

How much faster we talking in a straight line?top speed is the same for both bikes I read.I haven't rode it yet but I'm guessing this suzis got some balls then?

The KDX doesn't stand a chance in drag race. the two bikes are just designed for different use. Why do we always make the drag race the only concern when judging bikes and quads? I prefer something that is going to handle well in the woods vs. something that is blistering fast yet unable to keep up in the tight trails. This is why I ride a blaster when none of my friends would even consider buying a lowly 200. But I am the one who gets to take a break and wait on them when we go trail riding.

Well for us its always about drag racing we frequent the local 1/8 mile track and battle his gm products against my mighty fords.and so far ive been able to rape all his toys with mine even when it comes to our street bikes mine being a 94 gsxr 1100 vs his 82 gs 1100.well now iit looks like I need a bike that will beat his what bike will romp that rm 250?

i really dont think the rm is making 51hp and the kdx is making 37hp, stock.
maybe with the mods they are around there.
but if you want to compete with the 250, just get another 250 and put some money into it. like a yz250 or cr250. or get a 450 and learn how to ride it. or like motoman said, a cr500, kx500 and rm500.