88-02 brake light

darederek

May 31, 2010
Greensburg
i know that the 88-02 blasters only had tail lights and not a brake light. has anyone ever rigged up a brake light from an 03-06 to an 02- under?? it would be alot easier if you had an 03+ hydro conversion but for now is it possible with cable brakes?

i was wondering the same thing cause i want to make my quad street legal. i think you can put a 03+ stator cause it has the wires, but other than that i was wondering the same thing

88-00s have only taillights
01-02 and 03-06 have brakelights. (in all honesty, I have said differently in the past, my bad.)

The only real issue to adding a brake light is is having a brake switch. You would really need two tho, one on the rear pedal and one on the front lever. For and older bike it would be easiest to get the harness, brake lever, and brake pedal off an 01-02. I'm not sure about how the rear switch is mounted on those tho, I don't have an 01-02 to look at.

My '01 Front brake lever perch has a hole in it for a switch, no switch or wires for a brake light to be found tho... My bike didn't have any tail light when I got it though so who knows who removed what before I got my hands on it. And I can't trace any wires because I stripped my harness down to nothing but the CDI, headlights and to 1 Killswitch.

yea guys i looked a little closer and it looks like mine has a hole for a switch too. does anyone have a pic of a 01-02 handle with the switch in it and also a 01-02 pedal with the switch? i might try to do this