40MM carb and Vitos BB kit

MyfirstBlaster

Mar 26, 2009
Alabama Gulf Coast
I recently purchased a vitos bb kit (240) its a month on back order.
Today a buddy sold me a 40mm carb with carbon fiber reeds. for 100 he told me it was over 400 including the reeds does this price sound right?

The carb will be put on tomorrow and i was wondering without the bb kit on will it run right with that much fuel? I have a uni filter and fmf full pipe system and thats all the engine upgrades. when i do get the bb kit put on is a 40mm a good carb for it?

Thanks- Alex

If you Jet it right and adjust the needleclip and stuff it should run pretty good with the BB, I would look into maybe getting the BB ported, and polished....ask around, kennedy knows his stuff and so does flotek..

The guy that i got the 40mm carb from said that it would be fine to run it without the bb kit. I trust the guy he has like 11 blasters and has been building them for 10 years. IF i need to i wont run it until they instal the bb kit......

i think the only 40mm carb that i herd of is the lectron and they are pretty pricey. idk if i would run it on your blaster tho that seems like a whole lot of carb for a stock 240bbk. i would maybe sell it and buy a 35mm pkw.

exactly what phragle said.. my buddys lrd 350bb power valve 250r only runs a 38 mm air stryker and he is throwin down around 65+ horse at the wheels!!!

hell my modded 250x only has a 34mm on it

unless its for methanol use it will drasticly reduce the intake velocity bad on a 200cc ,now a 240 thats stroked could use it though but in all reality eve n then it would be better for drag racing on a fulltilit high compression drag motor however ,what kind of carb? if its a mikuni roundslide forget about it.39mm pwk works good on drag blaster 240's .all in all for the buck I have found the keihin 35pwk is a good choice and versatile for gas engines... for methanol lectrons are the way to go

wow, that carb is nasty, lectron makes a 44mm also, but 40mm on a blaster, it better be race built to the gills, on a stock or 240 bb kit with what you have, no, and to really get the use out of the 240 kit, sell ur fmf and get a better pipe, fmf is better for more stock motors, it will run fine, but you will notice a big diff if you put a shearer, dynoport, lrd and any high end pipe, port and polish wouldn't hurt either.