400ex rear shock question

npan1029

Feb 15, 2010
Central Jersey
my 400ex rear shock is really springy. and when i try to adjust it nothing happens. when i push down it jumps right back up. i rode my quad today and almost died when hitting a bump lol. does that mean it is blown?

damn thats a bummer haha. although i just laughed at that lol. i just like how i waited for this idiot to ship this thing to me and he sent me a blown shock. my luck i guess. i dont feel like buying a new one now

getting it rebuilt is an option , and during a rebuild they can revalve it for your weight and riding style . you could go get the nitrogen recharged in it , then bubble test for leaks , re-filling a shock with nitrogen is 10-15 bux . Unless you noticed a bunch of oil on the floor of your garage or wherever you keep the blasty then it may overtime just lost pressure .

Any place that can put nitrogen up to around 150 psi I believe.

I it snot the nitrogen though most likely. It is more likely your seal, I had that go bad in my 250R, tried to change it out and ended up just buying a new one. If you know someone that rebuilds them they will usually do it for pretty cheap.