400ex motor on blaster?

allmotorryan

Jan 28, 2009
im about to go pickup a 400ex motor setup for the blaster mostly to help with traction in the snow and cant stand the sound of a stock blaster pipe but yea so im gettign the motor carb wireing harness oil cooler and rear sproket and brake setup. isthere anything else i should get? i can get: SWING ARM. A-ARM, BOTH ARE + 3 AND STAINLESS STEEL FRONT & REAR HUBS REAR RIMS & TIRES AXLE + 3 AND STAINLESS STEEL and AIR BOX

Last edited:
i have never heard of someone putting a 400e motor in a blaster.
there was one for sale right around me with a 440 kit on it but it needed new pistons or something.

i have never heard of someone putting a 400e motor in a blaster.
there was one for sale right around me with a 440 kit on it but it needed new pistons or something.

well i found the setup for cheap and im sick of blowing up the 2 stroke and it will be pretty fast and light and wont have 2 mix the gas I:I

why would you change to a 4 stroke there so doggy and the 400ex motor is not very powerful ur going to have to change the engine mounts and line up the sprokets because youll eat them up just sell the blaster and buy a 400ex if i was you i would stay right away from the hondas because they have to many problems

I dont know how a four stroke motor is going to help with traction, and maybe you blow it up all the time cause you cant ride, or you dont rebuild it right. Buy tires for the blaster, and maybe get rid of the pipe cause it sounds bad? Plus why the hell would you want to put a four stoke motor in a two stroke bike. It just sounds pointless me.

I dont know how a four stroke motor is going to help with traction, and maybe you blow it up all the time cause you cant ride, or you dont rebuild it right. Buy tires for the blaster, and maybe get rid of the pipe cause it sounds bad? Plus why the hell would you want to put a four stoke motor in a two stroke bike. It just sounds pointless me.

it will help because it has more torque and its not that it blows up all the time its just unreliable i have good tires for the blaster it just doesnt get any traction because it has no lowend power i dont really care about the pipe i use the stock one because it helps with lownend power and traction and im gunna put it in there because i found it for cheap and dont have money for a new quad

call me crazy but....more low end power and torque is just gonna break the tires loose earlier...the more power the less traction generally....i think your reasoning is flawed

Dude, its a 2 wheel drive thats light as hell,your going to have the same traction with a blaster motor or a 400ex motor.... Pointless do even do this!! Sell your blaster and save your time and money and buy a freakin 400ex. You can get one for 2000 or prolly cheaper now.

When your getting more low end power, your just going to spin, happens on my raptor. with the blaster, the slower you start, the better.

big cc 4 stroke = tire frying torque!! my old 200x was small displacement and it would break traction in the low rpm range.... and im not sure what the deal is with no low end on a blaster.. but with my 250 pounds on mine you so much as touch the gas in 1st at dam near idle speed your ether roostin the person behind you with snow of your front tires ae 3 feet off the ground ;) ( i know iv seen me do it) and two strokes can be reiable.. guy i know ran original piston and rings in a 250r honda for 21 YEARS!!!!!! its all in taken care of it, good gas good oil, good plugs, reading the plugs to make sure its not lean and so on!! ony reason rebuilt it is cuz after 21 years the head gasket started leaking so he rebuilt it since he had it apart anyways..

you can pick up 400ex's for 1400-1800 all day long around my area.. trust me i been looking ( 4 poke nicer for riding around the yard and driveway)