4 stroke myths debunked !!!!!

wait till it needs a full head rebuild as they all will within a few years < by design !!!!!! ....cha ching

not that expensive... sorry...

and by the time the head needs rebuilt you will be needing a new crank in the 2stroke. so they are about the same.

That was a fun read.....and very well written.

I liked this gem:

"If the time was mine, to do with as I pleased, I’d be racing a two-stroke (not because I’m smarter than you, but probably because you are stupider than me)"

Bravo!

Okay i thought of something to say...I've raced 2 stroke and 4 strokes, both quads and dirt bikes for alot of years...I'm old. I would say costs over the long run are the about the same. Some where gas and go and some where pay and play... 2stroke or 4 it didnt matter. I think the expense agruement is bs. If I had to choose I would choose a 2 stroke on a dirt bike because they are alot funner to ride and lighter. On a quad I would pick the 4 stroke. You cant beat the torque :} buuut the Blaster was fun tho...Oh sh*t..I dont care just as long as I'm riding....Thats my story and I'm sticking to it !

this all wasnt really about 2 vs. 4, for whatever the argument, fun, torque, costs ect,
but was more about how the big 4 and the racing sanctioning bodies, fugged us royally out of pursueing what we luv.... the feel, sound, smell and simplicity of our 2 strokes, and competitively racing them

I agree... and its all about the $$$...now i'm going to bed...guess i'll find out what the wife likes better :}

Oh and my LTZ ate up a 240 big bore stroker the other day....

im a 4sroke person im not gonna lie just because im on a 2stroke forum , its a 400cc torque'y quad obviously its gonna beat a blaster , and the ltzs are known for taking abuse but they go through timing chains real quick so i reccomend you get the D.I.D chain

im a 4sroke person im not gonna lie just because im on a 2stroke forum , its a 400cc torque'y quad obviously its gonna beat a blaster , and the ltzs are known for taking abuse but they go through timing chains real quick so i reccomend you get the D.I.D chain

did someone say z400 vs a blaster?? hmmm dosent look to special to me hahahaha :D :D I:I :eek:

and a 300' drag is right up a 4pokes alley, i got ur torque right here lmao :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice noobs,
torque that bitches !!!!!!

noobs keeps layin down them spankings we'll have to get him his own bondage and disipline website !!!!!!

nice noobs,
torque that bitches !!!!!!

noobs keeps layin down them spankings we'll have to get him his own bondage and disipline website !!!!!!

baaaaaaaaahahahah thanks man :D, i love reppin our little blastys at these races. and they cant even biotch too much because its just a lowered trail bike with a wheelie bar, half hour of work and i could ride that beotch home lol I:I

I think these guys need wheelie bars too. They need to duck their head and scoot all the way to the back and they will be real fast bwahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
a drag strip is not right up a 4 strokes alley... torque plays no roll...a double out of a corner or a log in the trail or a steep hill is tho. A drag race is all 2 stroke.

Ive had both, 2 stroeks and 4. I had one of the baddest bikes on the east coast at one time, a built from scratch crf450r and in 100% seriousness the only thing stock was the frame. I also had a yz250. The 450 was faster, yes, but it was not much fun. The torque was stupid to control, it never spun the tire just wheelied in every gear. I traded my 450f for a f*#%ing lakota. Thats exactly what i thought of it. I got rid of the lakota soon after as well. Timing chains, valve seats, cams. If you have to rebuild a blaster, including cases, its $800 with labor and cases ect from crank up. If a 4 stroke blows top and bottom end, your looking at $1500 or more easily. What he spoke about with the throttle, hot start, and oil changes was 100% true. When i first bought the bike i didnt know about the hot start, and couldnt start the bike once it was warmed up. Even with the hot start, 25% of the time i had to roll start it because to make any power they need crazy high compression. I couldnt trail ride because it got way way too hot even with bigger rads and special coolant. I recently considered trading my blaster for a 400ex, and cant bring myself to give up a simple to work on cheap bike for something that wont last any longer and costs more to fix