34mm PJ Carb for stock displacement

i dont like that because the fuel inlet is on the wrong side of the carb for our motors.. or am i missing something??? lol

It's not really a big deal IMO. Just make the line cross over and take a screwdriver from the right side instead of the left. If the fuel line is too short, just pay $6.00 for some clear blue line and elongate it.

Well I heard back from the guy who thought he had a 34 but really had a 28. Silly conversation so I might as well post it here for closure haha....

{ME}

Hi,

I looked those pictures over and that carburetor is a little different than what we had originally talked about. The Keihin PWK isn't a 34mm, there's a PWK 33mm, 35mm, and 28mm. The only one that fits stock boots is the 28mm. I asked a few others for their input and they agreed the carb in the pictures is a first generation PWK-28. Also, after Keihin stopped making this style carburetor and replaced it with the second generation PWK, they rebranded the design to several different companies which now make the same carb for considerably cheaper. Unfortunately this makes the old Keihin PWK's worth a lot less than they used to be.

I could still buy the carb, but I can't pay more than what it's worth. The guys on the forums said they wouldn't pay more than $40 for the one in the pics since you can get a rebranded one new for $80 shipped. Since I know you expected a lot more out of it, I can pay $60 for it, but anymore than that I'd be better off getting one somewhere else. If you can't go that low I understand, you might be able to find someone else who will pay a little bit more. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for your time,

-Pat

{HIS RESPONSE}

I don't know were you getting your information dude but 34mm do fit in stock bute that carb was over 250 dallors with the spacer and ved force reeds was 500 good luck finding it some were else that cheap and before you start jabering I work at park Honda dumb ass so get you literature strait before you know all about carbs

{END OF RESPONSE}

Yes, I got called a dumbass by a guy who can't spell "boot", "dollar", "straight", "where", or "jabbering".

I'm glad that pretty much everyone on this forum is relatively knowledgeable, polite, and reasonable about what their stuff is worth. The Craigslist crowd is so sketchy by comparison. I like you guys, haha.

WOW! What a douche! Even after u offered him more than what it's worth! Hope you didn't end up stuck with it!

hey, i gotta a grand idea, lets all take our bikes to "Park Honda" and let this jack wagon work on our chit, i'm almost positve he's an atv genius since his letter shows far more intelligence than any of us have !!!!!!!!!
baaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaa

Haha Glad you enjoy it as much as I do. Maybe I should forward the letter to Park Honda with his full name and phone number and let them know they've got a formidable genius behind the parts counter.

Haha Glad you enjoy it as much as I do. Maybe I should forward the letter to Park Honda with his full name and phone number and let them know they've got a formidable genius behind the parts counter.

that would be an awesome ending.
and oh, it is confirmed this guy is just a parts pusher ????, not a true mechanic, why we all know how genius those parts guys are, what a waste of pure talent here, he coulda been a rocket scientist instead

I dunno for sure what he does, that's just the way I imagined it after talking to him on the phone and via email. I'm definitely not thinking he's qualified enough to be any kind of mechanic, but it's possible. Maybe he mops oil off the floor, who knows, hope I never have to deal with him in person though. He certainly isn't a sales rep because the people skills and communication skills are almost as lacking as the intelligence. :p Regardless though, I'm over it. Still lookin' for a reasonably priced carb, preferably sold by someone with some sanity.

Well I heard back from the guy who thought he had a 34 but really had a 28. Silly conversation so I might as well post it here for closure haha....

{ME}

Hi,

I looked those pictures over and that carburetor is a little different than what we had originally talked about. The Keihin PWK isn't a 34mm, there's a PWK 33mm, 35mm, and 28mm. The only one that fits stock boots is the 28mm. I asked a few others for their input and they agreed the carb in the pictures is a first generation PWK-28. Also, after Keihin stopped making this style carburetor and replaced it with the second generation PWK, they rebranded the design to several different companies which now make the same carb for considerably cheaper. Unfortunately this makes the old Keihin PWK's worth a lot less than they used to be.

I could still buy the carb, but I can't pay more than what it's worth. The guys on the forums said they wouldn't pay more than $40 for the one in the pics since you can get a rebranded one new for $80 shipped. Since I know you expected a lot more out of it, I can pay $60 for it, but anymore than that I'd be better off getting one somewhere else. If you can't go that low I understand, you might be able to find someone else who will pay a little bit more. Let me know what you think.

-Pat

{HIS RESPONSE}

I don't know were you getting your information dude but 34mm do fit in stock bute that carb was over 250 dallors with the spacer and ved force reeds was 500 good luck finding it some were else that cheap and before you start jabering I work at park Honda dumb ass so get you literature strait before you know all about carbs

{END OF RESPONSE}

Yes, I got called a dumbass by a guy who can't spell "boot", "dollar", "straight", "where", or "jabbering".

I'm glad that pretty much everyone on this forum is relatively knowledgeable, polite, and reasonable about what their stuff is worth. The Craigslist crowd is so sketchy by comparison. I like you guys, haha.

You should of told him you would buy it..........then go buy a mic or vernier calipers and then meet him and measure the venturi in person......that sh*t would be hilarious to watch. I:I

You should of told him you would buy it..........then go buy a mic or vernier calipers and then meet him and measure the venturi in person......that sh*t would be hilarious to watch. I:I

I actually considered that before I emailed him, because I could have easily taken my calipers to it, but he's a half hour away from me and it wouldn't have been worth the gas or the hour of my life. I would love to see what he has to say when he's staring at how wrong he is. Since he's indefinitely convinced he has a 34mm on stock boots I'm betting he took a ruler to it and measured the outside diameter.

{ME}

Hi,

-Pat

{HIS RESPONSE}

{END OF RESPONSE}

lmao you are new so you probally dont know about our tradition of posting up the email or craiglsist add of know it all douchebags when this happens so the rest of us can harass them a little. hahahahahahahaha :D :D :D

wow u know what i wouldve done?
"Hey,
sorry man but you are right. Its a 34mm according to Keihen techs. I will meet you halfway if thats ok with you."
then NOT show up LMAO. make his ass drive up to meet u for nothing. muaahahaaa then when he calls u. u say, "whos the dumass now?"