34mm keihen pj problem

Devilman910

Dec 20, 2010
29 palms ca
Ok so i blew a piston about 9 months ago then deployed to afghanistan i drained my fuel tank and stored my quad while i was gone i just got back replaced the piston then started the quad and it ran fine until i hit the throttle then it would bog down bad and die so i pulled the carb off and cleaned it with carb cleaner i took it out for a ride today and with the throttle open all the way it barely moves it will go but just not as fast as a blaster should it felt like i was riding a chinese quad any ideas

did u take it all apart and clean every passage and the jets REALLY good? or just a quickie spray out with cleaner?

I have a spark arrestor on it with a screen covering the muffler, when i first put fuel back in it it poured out of the over flow then i taped the carb and it stopped pouring out. I started it afterward and then it was bogging down real bad so i cleaned the carb put it back on then it poured out for a second then stopped n its own

It's a possibility that with that overflowing, it may have stopped but your float may be out of level so it's causing a bog. Might be worth checking float height and needle tip n seat. Worth a shot. Can't hurt to check/clean reeds while the carb is off. Possiblely while sitting the dried and became brittle.

Did you find out what caused the piston to blow before you replaced it?

Did you do a leak down test after the rebuild?

Did you do heat cycles before you rode it?

Wel the piston was completely my fault i took it to some trails in a higher elevation and cooler area i got on it a little to hard before it warmed up and blew the piston, i reset the float and put in a new needle now it works great i appreciate all on everyones help

Good idea I will have to wait until tomorrow though I live on base and the MPs are assholes about people riding quads on base I am going out in the desert tomorrow so I will do it then