250r hood swap

neo31ny

Mar 10, 2013
New York
I've been searching and searching and I haven't found anything on putting a 250r hood on the blaster. Has anyone done it, is there a diy guide? They have a wide variety of hoods for the 250r that I really like.

You can put a car hood on a blaster if you want to do some modding, so if I were you, I would look at one on the quad and see how close it is

I understand that, I was just wondering if its been done and if there is a guide. I searched for quite awhile and haven't even come across one that's been done.

I understand that, I was just wondering if its been done and if there is a guide. I searched for quite awhile and haven't even come across one that's been done.

i think if it was doable with decent looking results, it would have been done by someone on here and posted already.
your lack of finding info is a tell tale sign.

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm still debating on the look I want. I have yet to receive my tools to start the tear down before I decide if I'm fixing it yet. I'm thinking yes even at a worst case scenario. I've always wanted a blaster and a full engine overhaul would be worth it to me. I like the stock pre '03 front on it now with the fenders cut but I'm looking for something more practical, I need functioning fenders cause I do ride in some wet, muddy areas. Even the stock full fenders don't look like they were made to function. Also what race front end do I need if I want to use the 450r hood, the maier one?

Yup. The maier race front and 450r hood match up perfectly. Just have to trim about 2 inches off the fender once you mount the hood. Very easy. Both hoods in my sig are 450r hoods.

I have a maier 400 hood scoop in my maier race front and i didnt trim cause they were brand new so i didnt want to and this is just like speedys

I think it's hard to beat the look of the maier hood with the mesh grill. I considering ditching my stock one today