250r 30 mil mik on blaster?

JWjite

Sep 7, 2011
Melbourne Florida
I purchased the carb from 02yamaturd (what a horrible way to reference a yamaha) and when it arrives it will have no jets in it. I have questions as to what cable I need and also what jets to buy for it to run on my motor. I have a stock jug with a +3 vitos crank riva raceing pipe and silencer and a f7 air box and white brothers filter and outerwears cover. I live in florida and I know location plays a role in jetting if anyone can help me with this I would apreciate it. I have a fairly new pwk 28 that I have given up on is this a mistake switching to the 30mm mik carb?

I'm going to assume for one moment that I read your original post correctly and that you traded a PWK 28 to 02yamaturd for a OKO 30mm carburetor.

If that's the case, the OKO 30mm carb uses the same aftermarket cable as the PWK 28. If you are trading up from a stock carburetor, you need an aftermarket throttle cable "for TORS delete" either from motion pro, vito's or pretty much any other seller.

If the OKO is jetless, you will *probably* need a 152, 155, and 158 main and a 45 and 48 pilot. That should just about dead on if you have no airleaks but of course, every engine is different, you're going to have to try jetting once you have it on the engine.

I didn't trade the pwk 28mm I purchased the 30 mm mik with cash. I think he said it came off of a 250r or some type of 250. I have not recieved it yet so I dont know for sure what it is.

Hmm, just one question: Why did you give up on the 28mm Keihin PWK carb? Was it too difficult to get tuned, or ??

That 30mm Mikuni carb will work on your setup. With your mods, you SHOULD be somewhere around a 30-35 pilot and a 250-260 main jet. You may need to take the carb with you when you go to buy jets, because Mikuni carbs do NOT use interchangable jets. There are 3 or 4 different types of pilots and at least two different styles of main jets out there.

I don't know what the carburetor came off of (is it a round-slide or flat-slide?), but posting some pics of it when you get it will help us ID it.

As for a throttle cable? Most of the time the cable which worked with your PWK 28mm will work on a Mikuni. Some of the Mikuni carbs are unique, but its a safe bet that any aftermarket Blaster throttle cable will work. I run a 34mm Mikuni TM carb on my Blaster and the cable which fit my old 28 PWK also works on the 34mm Mikuni.

i gotta throw a wrench in these gears

no 2 stroke, 250 quad came stock with a 30mm carb, that i know of
250r's were more like 34/35/36mm
and 250 dirtbikes are more like 36/38mm +

i'm gonna guess this came off a 4 stroke, and possibly is not gonna work for you ???
post up when it arrives with pics and numbers from the carb

i gotta throw a wrench in these gears

no 2 stroke, 250 quad came stock with a 30mm carb, that i know of
250r's were more like 34/35/36mm
and 250 dirtbikes are more like 36/38mm +

i'm gonna guess this came off a 4 stroke, and possibly is not gonna work for you ???
post up when it arrives with pics and numbers from the carb

Something sounds fishy...

I was assuming this was an OKO 30mm, the jet size numbers I gave you are totally useless if this is a mikuni carburetor (type out mikuni from now on please, I was confused)

Awk's right, no 250r of any sort came with a 30mm carb.

well thats answers the question, sheeblast and his brother are the real yama-tards
hence their banishment from here
again....... no 2 stroke 250 ever came with that small of carb

Hey guys srry for the mixup...when I bought it off of sheeblast, he said it was a 30mil....I kno its a mikuni and I kno its a flatslide.....based off of pics I just looked up and from what sheeblast said it was off of, I'm gonna say its a 34mil.....I never did anything with it but take t apart n clean it...if you are no longer interested in the carb Jason, I will refund you your money plus what it cost to ship....again I'm srry for all the fus guys...I've been slowly gettin sicker n sicker by the day for the last week...I'd probly be better already but I can't stay away from the beer....burppppp.....

Stock carb on a LT250r is a 34mm Mikuni TM. If that's what you are getting, its a pretty decent carb. Is your engine's top end ported? If so, it will love that larger Mikuni carb. If it isn't, it will still work fine since you are running a pipe, improved airbox, and stroker crank.

I run this same carb on my white Blaster with a 35 pilot and a 290 main. A 5FP17 needle will work for you, but you'll need to lower it one notch from centered for the engine to transition off of idle correctly. I'm experimenting with other needles in mine, and I'll let you know when I find the right one for the Blaster application of this carb. As of now, the 5FP17 needle is too rich right off idle and a bit lean at 1/2-3/4 throttle.

Your existing throttle cable (provided it was used with the Keihin PWK28) will work fine on the Mikuni carb. You may want to cut a couple coils out of your throttle return spring to ease the stress on your thumb.

Another note about a 34mm Mikuni TM carb: They bolt right up to your engine, but you'll need a reed spacer to get the large float bowl to clear the clutch arm. Also, you may have to grind a little bit of the carburetor casting down to get it to clear the lower left intake boot bolt. Its not hard to do, but be prepared to do it. Just FYI.

Give Ken O Connor a PM about this carburetor. Last I heard, he runs an older TM carburetor on one of his Blasters, so he has experience with tuning them for best performance.

Yamaturd I am still going to keep the carb I am not disapointed in any way. I am going to have this motor done up by ken so a bigger carb is needed

The lt250r actualy came with a 32mm flat slide for a couple years and then it went up to a 34mm flat slide carb. I love google it has lots of info!