240 ?

mervhengst

Dec 24, 2012
Trevorton, PA
Ive been looking into doing a 240 mod to my blaster. Right now it .080 over. I finally got my taxes and the warden said i could buy some parts after all the bill are cought up. So i need to find a cheap way to do this but aslo dont want it to be crap. What i came up with was buying a LA sleeve and a vitos 72mm piston kit wit gaskets. Thats going to cost me about $250. So right now im lookin at $320 because i owe another member 70 bucks yet. Has anyone done a 240 this way and are there any issues. KOR, AWK, Blaaster, could really use your help on this one! I do have a KOR rechambered head. will i need to have that recut?

Last edited:
Best bang for your buck is to find a stock bore or low bore cylinder and have it ported. You can sleeve it to a big bore but will still need porting to get great power out of it. A ported stock cylinder will walk all over an non ported big bore cylinder. A rechambered head to compliment it, although you have one and should be able to use it. Pipe, carb, air box next and you are making powaaaa!!!!

it is ported. i havent touched the intake port yet. but the exhaust is open up. I called Ken and he said that the set up i was talking about will work fine. should i open up the intake ports on the intake and the piston?? any advise would be great.

I have the la 240 sleeve pressed in a stock cylinder. Couldn't be happier. I was on my last bore and decided to go that route. Ken hooked it up and it runs great. Mods are in sig.

i could go to .090 overbore. i think i might do that for now. by the time that wears out i should have enough saved to send it to KOR and just have him do it.