240 kit?

b4thsalts

Feb 8, 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
Hey, guys! I've been lurking these forums for a while now. Basically, I bought a 2001 Blaster about a year ago. While a friend was riding it the chain slipped and cracked the case (right where the shift shaft exits the case).

I have already stripped the quad down to the frame, and plan to do a full rebuild in the next few months. Basically I was wondering what your thoughts were on this 240 kit?

Yamaha Blaster Vitos 240 Big Bore Cylinder Kit | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's pretty straight forward, I'm just super cautious when it comes to buying anything. Especially atv parts. Better safe then sorry I suppose. Thanks for the reply!

No problem just make sure you check for any leaks when you put it back together

Do NOT use a green paper base gasket when assembling the kit. It can and will likely leak over time. Use a Cometic or OEM Yamaha base gasket.

Hey, guys! I've been lurking these forums for a while now. Basically, I bought a 2001 Blaster about a year ago. While a friend was riding it the chain slipped and cracked the case (right where the shift shaft exits the case).

I have already stripped the quad down to the frame, and plan to do a full rebuild in the next few months. Basically I was wondering what your thoughts were on this 240 kit?

Yamaha Blaster Vitos 240 Big Bore Cylinder Kit | eBay

The vitos is a good kit as long as you get some porting done.If you do not plan to port it then I would say have your stock cylinder ported,bored etc. A ported stock cylinder will out run a 240 unported all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ agreed, Just don't believe the 240's stock un-ported quoted horsepower, they are well over estimated. Until they're ported they aren't really worth the money tbh, you would have to intend on getting it ported in the future.

I have porting plans for the cylinder along with a bigger carb and a new pipe. The fatty that was on the quad isn't going to cut it..

if yor're going to port it go for the vitos kit. with the right setup you can be ripping hard I:I i've had both stock ported cylinder and 240 ported and the bigger bore of the 72mm cylinder offers a lot more low end torque