240 cutting out at full throttle

bundyho1

Dec 29, 2007
Rustburg,VA
what would cause it to cut out at full throttle?could it be the clutch ,i just dont know..when iit first gets on the powerband its ok but after a few minutes of ridding when i kick it in and hold the throttle it seams to cut out

might be doing the same thing mine is- draining the bowl and starving it of fuel

I had just went through the carb and cleaned it and put a new float valve in and set the float height .took the petcock apart and cleaned that also.It does seem like its starving for fuel..maybe modify the petcock,i think i read somewhere where somebody did this

paulieB has a tutorial on this high flow petcock mod ,it is a possiblity your draining the bowl on extended WOT runs ,what jetting are you using currently?

Well im using a 150 main ,needle clip one leaner from the middle and a 50 pilot.(35 pwk) +7 timing now on 100ll.runs strong it just seems when you hold the throttle open and it gets to the powerband and hold for just a sec in the powerband it drops out it seems,not completely cut out but cuts back seems like it should have a little more..by the way i went back on the timing to a +4 and man did i loose some torque no way i thought then i bumped to a +7,man gota love the lowed to mid on this thing.Great for the trailsI:I

also has anyone tried the banshee petcock on a blaster?Does it fit.....

Last edited:
i still think the ansewer is in the main jettting ,try going down to a 145 or 148 and see ,do a plug chop ,i bet your a tad rich at peak rpm