200cc world record blaster

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
here are a couple piks of the old red white and blue 200. THis was the first extended blaster that I actually designed the geometry on. It was built in 91/92. I was working with Mark Laeger at the time, I told him the geometry/measurements and he built the frame aarms and swing arm to my specs. There were several blasters in its first 150 mile desert race, when the checkered flag came out it was 1 and a half laps (30 mile laps) behind. In 1993 it raced to 24 hour world endurance championships, seting the world record at 910+ miles. for a good 6 hours it was in the OVERALL lead, ahead of the best team honda, yamaha, Doug Roll, and Dean Sundahl etc. could put on the race course.

side.jpg

rear2.jpg

front.jpg

bottom-1.jpg

movin.jpg

crazy, crazy stuff bro, all that front end frame work, dogbone rear shock mount ??? and a stock carrier and brakes

If I remember right the pips was a Bill's the back brakes were stock, but I had to have a longer break cable custom made, front brakes were banshee.

Swingarm in the pik was a stocker stretched 2 inches with the bolt on shock relocator, once I was sure that was the geometry I wanted and everything worked well, I had Laeger build me a new one.

did the shock relocator bracket provide the long travel for the rear??? im very interested in doing a long travel type of setup

wow that thing is amazing!! almost as good as the blue one! yea man can we get some specs on this thing??

specs, same wheelbase as an 86 250r, 12.5 inches rear travel and 11" in the front, same weight as a stock blaster. A-arm width is the same as a +3 250r with triple rate 250r works shock with Doug Roll spec valving, rear shock is an 88 250r

You know..the intersting thing, when i built that, there was no internet...no ebay...no blaster forums to ask questions.... I had to figure it out myself. heck in 88`89 the aftermarket companies barely has blaster grab bars out... I was probably one of the very first people to put banshee brakes/spindles on a blaster, to use a 250r carb, to put a 250r shock on the back. Cobra was the first company to come out with a blaster pipe..and guess what..I had one of the first ones.... I learned how to clean my airfilter without the internet, I learned how to jet without the internet, I learned how to rebuild my top end with wiseco pistons without the aid of a blaster forum... I got rid of the tors and oil injection without a kit or instructions...

I am
the-godfather-1-1024.jpg

Reactions: sicivicdude
I think I remember that blaster from 3&4 wheel action, or dirtwheels, that thing is awesome. Im going to look for that magazine!!!

dam phragle thats a sick blaster!!!!!! please tell me you still have it? And is the motor stock like is it bored or anything and in ur sig it says 24 hour endurance world record holder what is that about? i mean obviously you have a world record