2006 blaster used

bundyho1

Dec 29, 2007
Rustburg,VA
Im new here and was wondering what a good starting point is for jetting a 2006 blaster.It has an fmf fatty and power core on it.They had put a dyno jet kit in it.A filter skin and k@n filter.With V-force reeds.Also i noticed it doesnt start very good.It takes a few kicks to get this thing going.Maybe jetting?Also the clutch doesnt grab until the lever is all the way out.Is there a way to adjust clutch down at the motor?Im on the east coast VA sea level.Im new to all of this..

I have a set of unknown reeds probably stock in my blaster with a 3/8 reed spacer same pipe and a K&N airfilter in the stock airbox with the lid off. I am running a 290 main, needle in the middle and airscrew at 1.5 turns out and I have a coffee and creme colored plug after a good WFO plug chop.
It runs strong!!! Hope I helped. Jetting is an art.Get someone who knows what they are doing to help you. Plug chops can only be accurate if done at Wide open throttle see my thread .

One more thing ,my clutch in this 2006 blaster doesnt grab until i let it almost all the way out.I have seen about taking the clutch cover off for adjustment.If i do that do i have to have a new gasket to put the cover back on?I have tried to adjust the top adjustment.with a little play in it but still no better.:(