2004 I just picked up

Yes plenty of mud in the spot I rode. Hate going out by myself, especially on an unknown quad. I had almost everything off this quad but the motor. It all held up good. The only casualty was my rear brake light fell off. I was riding and see a tail light laying on the side of the trail, I say to myself someone lost their light. I go past it and look at mine and ooooppps its missing. Easy fix just need some bigger washers behind the grommets.

I hope to get back out again in the morning.

Well I finally got both Blasters out this past weekend. Went riding with a friend of mine. He rode my 98 with the engine KOR ported and rechambered the head on. It also has the PE clutch basket and Pro Circuit exhaust, dual stage reeds with the stock carb.
I rode the 04 with the 240 kit. LRD exhaust, V-force 3 reeds and 28mm keihin carb.

We started out on a quarter mile gravel road. From a rolling start Ken's engine killed the 240. I was pounding the piss out of it trying to catch him.

Lots of hills to climb at the sand pit we rode. We kept trading rides and both could not believe the power that KOR got out of the 200cc engine. Don't get me wrong the 240 does get up and go it runs strong, but Ken's engine simply out performs it easily. Great all around power.

At the start of the day I topped off the bike with the 240 and only had enough gas to fill the other to about an inch from the top. After two hours of riding the 240 had to be put on reserve while Ken's engine still had a half tank.

Unfortunately for me I found out the 240 was a gas hog at the top of a steep hill climb, where about five feet from the top of the 40 foot climb it bogged out and stalled. Had to ride it back down backwards. Got down almost to the bottom when the front brakes locked up and started skidding, got to much on the rears and over it went. It was a controlled crash and me and the quad came out uninjured.

My buddy says I had that oh sh*t look on my face and my eyes got as big as basketballs.

All in all a good day. We slung sand and climbed every hill in the place.

The moral of the story........Stock 240 VS KOR ported/rechambered 200 no contest.
Kens engine is going in the new quad.

@OConnor Racing

glad you and the new girl survived the crash :)

be sure to try that LRD on the kor power