2001 Yamaha blaster won't start HELP PLEASE!!!

Hot and humid will make less oxygen available to the engine, If you only have the fmf silencer, and stock header, than 230 maybe within reason. 300-310 would be for if you had the fmf header as well.

Hot and humid will make less oxygen available to the engine, If you only have the fmf silencer, and stock header, than 230 maybe within reason. 300-310 would be for if you had the fmf header as well.
The stock 230 was too lean and blew the plug

What do you mean blew the plug? Being too lean does not "blow plugs" I think if it were me, I would get 240-270, and keep the lid off, and plug chop to confirm.

What do you mean blew the plug? Being too lean does not "blow plugs" I think if it were me, I would get 240-270, and keep the lid off, and plug chop to confirm.
I don't know the exact term for it but the spark plug stopped working which usually is because of running too lean

If you running 230 with stock header, lid on, in high humidity n temps at low elevation there is a possibility it is rich. Shouldn't be bad enough to foul a plug though, unless theres another issue

If you running 230 with stock header, lid on, in high humidity n temps at low elevation there is a possibility it is rich. Shouldn't be bad enough to foul a plug though, unless theres another issue
What other issue could there be that's causing that? The picture of the plug is on page 3

when I push the gas it doesn't rev until a second later, kinda like it bogs then revs.
This could be a sign of being rich as well. Thats what mine did when I first got it running. Mine was because of elevation, there is less oxygen. I had to lower the clip on the needle one slot to get it right. Yours may be the same with your temps and humidity. With the lid on do a plug chop run with that 230 and see what you get. You can also plug chop the needle circuit by following the same procedure, but limiting the throttle to 3/4. That will let you know if it is right.

The only plug pic I saw was with the 340 or whatever it was and that is waaaay to rich for a stock header

This could be a sign of being rich as well. Thats what mine did when I first got it running. Mine was because of elevation, there is less oxygen. I had to lower the clip on the needle one slot to get it right. Yours may be the same with your temps and humidity. With the lid on do a plug chop run with that 230 and see what you get. You can also plug chop the needle circuit by following the same procedure, but limiting the throttle to 3/4. That will let you know if it is right.

The only plug pic I saw was with the 340 or whatever it was and that is waaaay to rich for a stock header
Oh okay I'll try to get a plug chop with the stock jet tomorrow, I'll keep you updated. It's 11:20 where I live

I just sent you the 300 main jet, although tbrooks is prob correct I didn't realize you had a stock header I just asssumed you had a full FMF on that beast. Plug chopping correctly is going to be the only way to know for sure none of us can actually tell you what your bike in your area is going to need for main Jet. I would check the piolt as well to make sure its stock you don't need anything bigger. By the looks of that plug though if that was just a 1st through 6th on brand new plug a 300 will be too big as well, at least you will have one once you get your FMF header on there

I just sent you the 300 main jet, although tbrooks is prob correct I didn't realize you had a stock header I just asssumed you had a full FMF on that beast. Plug chopping correctly is going to be the only way to know for sure none of us can actually tell you what your bike in your area is going to need for main Jet. I would check the piolt as well to make sure its stock you don't need anything bigger. By the looks of that plug though if that was just a 1st through 6th on brand new plug a 300 will be too big as well, at least you will have one once you get your FMF header on there
Thank you for sending it again! The plug was brand new and i did do a 1-6th gear test and that's how it came out. I should do a plug chop with the stock jet too just to be sure

Reactions: pudvah