2001 blaster bogs under load

allenkat

Aug 24, 2014
Ok i got a 2001 blaster board out new plug and air filter carbs been cleaned iv tried to carbs same thing it bogs way down at full throttle but if you turn the gas off it run perfect till the bowl runs dry any ideas

Welcome to the site. There could be a few things thats making it bog, incorrect float level, jetting, airleak...etc..

Put up a list of what kind of pipe, carb, air box lid on off, what jets are in it....and we will be able to help better.

Factory exuast and carb jet is a 230 new air cleaner with top on and iv tried it with toro hooked up and unhooked

And iv sprayed carb cleaner around head and cylinder base to check for leaks wirh no change

A pressure test is the best way, I'd say the most common spot is on the reed/intake boot. You can cause one just taking the carb on and off. Could also be inside the cases and carb cleaner will never find it. I'd double check floats just to be sure as well

When you shut the gas off it creates a lean condition in which any engine will run a higher rpm, but this is very bad for a 2stroke. Did you try these carbs on another blaster. It would not be a stretch for floats to be off in both. What elevation are you at. A higher elevation may require a lower main jet

No i havent i ordered the other carb from ebay im in wv could it b sucking are were the pipe hooks to the jug it is kind of lose if not iv dun tryed every thing else the carb on it i got the float set lower and the other carb is set were it wuz and stil no change how do you check the reeds some one told me thay could be bad but o dont know how to tell thau look fine to me and were should the needle in the center be set at what notch i mean

?
if your compression is good
your electrical is good
there is no leaks,and reeds are good,gas is good
then what else is there?
make sure all carb parts are there,and you should be able to hold pilot jet up to a light and see through ito_O
the leaky header pipe is an airleak,but in my opinion every single one leaks a lil,people have to put copper rtv on them to seal them up like once a year,make sure the baffle in header pipe is not broken inside restricting exhaust flow:)
02 carb with text 1 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: allenkat
Exhaust needs a new crush gasket anytime it is removed, it should not be loose at all, unless it is aftermarket where it slides onto the flange. Look into the read cage, they should not be gapped. cracked, etc. Needle should have clip on middle notch. Where in wv, elevation varies from 200 feet to 5000. Roughly every increase of 2000 feet requires 1 lower main jet size, always plug chop to confirm. You can get a cheap set of digital calipers for $10-15 that's the easiest way to get the float perfect

It revs decent some times when its in netrul but not like it should then after it warms up it dont rev past 2000 rpms or so parked or riding

have you tried adjusting airscrew and idle will it is running,airscrew should be at 1 1/2 turns out from fully seated=540 degrees