200 vs. 240cc

jrn2786

Aug 6, 2010
Brown County, OH
Is the 240 really worth it? only goin to .040 seems kinda limiting. Im gonnna have to re sleeve my cyl probably. How much more power does the 40cc's really make? Im gonna have mine ported, use a stroker crank and whatever else i can do to make power. just dont know if the BB sleeve is worth it. Thanks

first of all 40cc isn't .040 you can't bore to a 240 you have to get a kit or resleave ur cylinder. and it depends what ur gonna do. if you won't have enough money to port and stroker after the 240 kit then just port and stroker the stock and it will walk a 240 with nothing else. if you are going to port and stroker a 240 kit then go for it it will b as good as a blaster gets pretty much. and if you get a 240 kit the only way to go is order a la sleeve kit from here L.A.SLEEVE Store

first of all 40cc isn't .040 you can't bore to a 240 you have to get a kit or resleave ur cylinder. and it depends what ur gonna do. if you won't have enough money to port and stroker after the 240 kit then just port and stroker the stock and it will walk a 240 with nothing else. if you are going to port and stroker a 240 kit then go for it it will b as good as a blaster gets pretty much. and if you get a 240 kit the only way to go is order a la sleeve kit from here L.A.SLEEVE Store

I know that i have to resleeve mine anyhow but with the 240 sleeve yout can only bore it .040 over the factory displacement you can go .090 plus the bb pistons are gettin hard to find

I know that i have to resleeve mine anyhow but with the 240 sleeve yout can only bore it .040 over the factory displacement you can go .090 plus the bb pistons are gettin hard to find

oh i understand what you meant. to tell the truth if you do a stroker and do either a ken oconnor or a flotek 12 port trail port you will have loads of power, plus keep plenty of rebuilds and the rebuild parts will be cheaper and easier to find

an la sleeve/ct 240 kit will really wake up your blaster

more cubes, better port layout, just all around good

Ill be re sleeving my stock cylinder. Is the LAsleeve cylinder really that much better than a having a good builder work a stock cyl?
seems like you would have to re sleeve it every 2 rebuilds with the 240. Thats what worries me if its only a couple HP i could do without the 240. Anyone resleeve there stock cylinder 240? how much difference did you notice?

that wil be making less power than a vitos or la sleeve kit would because it keeps the ancient port layout. and like i said ported stock>unported 240 Ported 240>Ported stock