New blaster help

Blaster2015

Jun 3, 2018
Hello guys I’m kinda new to the blaster and just bought three motors for parts and have two more coming today along with three frames. Anyway one motor I bought already had a 240 kit on it with a new sleeve I honed it and looks good but I did not have a piston for it so I need a piston trying to decide if I wanna just re bore it for bigger piston it had a 72mm in it the bore size is 72mm right now should I go up one size or just try my luck with a 72mm piston? It looks as it’s been ported already too. I’m also wanting to do a head mod but wasn’t sure if this would work with a 72mm piston? Also pondering on a 3mm stroker crank with all head work and a re port no spacer? Any suggestions or ideals? Thanks guys.

Have a reputable shop, who knows these big bore cylinders, measure it and tell you what size piston to go with.
if you want that, and a great head mod, call Ken after 9am any weekday.......
http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/

As mentioned Ken O'CONNOR or a REPUTABLE local shop needs to measure the cylinder for out of round and taper. I've only once put a new piston in an old hole, but it was less than half the accepted tolerance (not Blaster)

Ya I’m def gonna go that route any suggestions about a Vito’s 3mm crank I gotta pull case apart to put bearings in it anyway? I’ve never done stroker crank in a two stroke.

3mil is easy peasy. Simple drop in. Only issue is checking clearance between rod and case.
You can do it two different ways. Use the spacer plate under cylinder or have Ken cut you a stroker head. Either way I would get the head rechambered.

With spacer plate it favors higher rpm power band, stroker head favors lower rpm band.

Ya i know there easy just heard a lot of talk about Vito’s being junk and didn’t want to waist the money if that was the case

Mines Vito's and no problems. Only recall one failure on here and owner thought it was how his kid was riding it. Do a search on here or Google it. Nice thing about it is not having to trench the cases.