+2 ,4,6 or 8 inch swingarm ??? Help !!

predeiny

Aug 10, 2010
Hey guys!
I'm about to order an extended swing arm! I'm not really sure which would be the best fit! I'm doing mostly trail riding, no jumps or crazy stunts- I'm too old for that!!- anyway, I already add +4 spacers for both ends. Now I want to mAke it longer..
Plse let me know your opinion
Thanks much

+2" if u extend it any more ur just losing turn in

Same here if you use a longer swinger you'll lose a bit of acceleration not to noticable but there. Thats why I like my stocker I had a friend though that used a -1 on an 05 honda 450R and it was incredibley fast you would definatly have trouble keeping up with it on the flat MX track. I wouldent use anything longer than a +3 in my personal opion...............

I would go +2 if you have only minor mods like exhaust and filter with open box, but +3 for sure for anything after those mods like carb upgrade, head modding or porting. Maybe even a +4 with all those modds. It might decrease turning a bit, but you can just powerslide and let the wheels spin like all hell lol.

the real question is ....why do YOU want an extended swinger??? are you doing ...
gnarly hill climbs? +4
regular tight trails riding? +3
really tight fuggin trails?+2