1st blaster and having problems

Aromeo14

May 27, 2012
New York
Hi I'm new to blasters and I bought my first one about a week ago.I got it relatively cheap and was told it had a few issues a leak in the exhaust and the head gasket needed to be replaced, its 100% stock and I did see it run. Now I got it home and replaced the gasket fired it up and it ran idled and reved up really high and stalled, I did hear a sound like a cracking but wasnt too sure what it was, when I went to go start it again the kick starter wont move at all and now Im not too sure where to go from here thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice

yup your oil injection system likely failed being it sitting for a while and when you had reved right up not enouge oil was geeting to the motor? pull the head of and see if any scoring on the cylinder walls etc..

high rev sounds like air leak some where in the motor. shoulda did a leak down after replacin gasket. im sorry to tell ya but if your motor seized your in for a rebuild.

Well im not too worried about the rebuild so much because Im not too bad with a wrench I have a few ASE certifications Im just new to 2 strokes so it looks like I'll tear it down tomorrow and have a look and I'll keep you posted. Where would be the best place other than e-bay for parts?

Before you pull it down leak test to see if that may have caused the failure.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
check the cylinder walls check for scaring at the worst you may need a top end rebuild.....first thing when she goes down lose the oil injecter those thing have a bad rep....after you check the cylinder check your bottom end oil may be locked up from not enough oil in the bottom end....

I have made some progress in taking it apart sorry for the delayed response but I got a little busy. I took apart the top end the cylinder walls are fine no scaring or cuts as for the piston well its gone. So now Im going to get what I need to fix it and have it back up and running. Any more advice though is appericiated you all have been very helpful

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 133
From there the only sure way to know all the piston is out of the cases is to go into the bottom end. I hope it didn't break the cases. I've seen several failures like that break the cases. I got some extra parts with my 04 and a set of cases had a hole all the way through the bottom where a chunk of piston got pushed through by the crank. BTW, you've just been hooked. If you have to go as far as splitting the cases, the mod bug will get you. If you look around here you'll see all the symptoms of the disease, as far as I know there is no cure.

Haha I've been hooked on other things I've done before I'm actually spending some time contemplating on what I'm gonna do mod wise, any suggestions of what would be good this is my first quad project

I have made some progress in taking it apart sorry for the delayed response but I got a little busy. I took apart the top end the cylinder walls are fine no scaring or cuts as for the piston well its gone. So now Im going to get what I need to fix it and have it back up and running. Any more advice though is appericiated you all have been very helpful

It not that it has gone far, only into the crank case, but therein lies a major problem.

You will need to split the cases for inspection and cleaning, so while you are in there, shout yourself to new bearings and seals.