.080 over

trx450r214

Nov 4, 2012
Maryland
If i punch this cylinder out .080 over will it make a signifigant difference from stock? I REALIZE THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE ROOM TO BORE IT WHEN IT BLOWS UP. I am wondering if theres any power gain, any at all that anyone has noticed. My plan is .080 over, v force3 reeds, jetted carb, and full fmf system, no more no less. Please let me know your thoughts on boring.

Thanks
Dylan

No you will gain like 1 or 2 horse power. waiste of a perfectly good cylinder. spend some cash and get it ported or the head modified. or both

There is no real power gain that you will feel. It's just wasting cylinder life and putting your motor at a higher risk of running to hot . Don't do it.

4th In line saying Do not Do it , It's not worth the Extra bore lives to add 1-2 Hp , A Redesigned head or Slight port work will help Allot more than a Bigger bore !

Boring is a waste unless you need to do it to remove excessive wear or damage to the cylinder. However, having your cylinder ported and head modified will give you a big increase in power output.

If i punch this cylinder out .080 over will it make a signifigant difference from stock? I REALIZE THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE ROOM TO BORE IT WHEN IT BLOWS UP. I am wondering if theres any power gain, any at all that anyone has noticed. My plan is .080 over, v force3 reeds, jetted carb, and full fmf system, no more no less. Please let me know your thoughts on boring.

Thanks
Dylan

Boring out a stock cylinder to its limits is a sheer waste of money, the power gain is insignificant.

As others have stated porting and head rechambering is a way to get more power.

Re consider your choice of pipe, there are differences in pipes, some bring the power on early, others late.

Where and what type or riding will you be doing, this should influence your choice of pipe.

i would port it myself if i knew EXACTLY what to trim/shave/cut. but i dont. does anyone have like a step by step for it? what pipe would you recomend for blasting up the side of a coal hill? i see mostly FMFs up there and some toomeys