04 Raptor 660R

blasterdemon7

I'm not winning.
Nov 19, 2009
Delaware
Got a friend that has one that's all stock. He's interested in doing a trade. What's your opinion on the Raptor and on the trade?

Are you talking about trading your built Blaster for a Raptor 660, or are you gonna be trading something else?

Either way, I'd think long and hard before committing. I kicked a stock 660 Raptor's ass at Busco with my Blaster. Got it by at least one bike length.

Raptors are fun when it comes to torque and low-end power, but I'd still rather have my Blaster for all-out fun.

My uncle flat tracks a raptor he likes it but I hate it, but maybe if I had arms of a python like him I would like it. So what I'm sayin is if your pretty strong they do alright but if like me don't do it.

my buddie showed up 2 summers ago with a piped/chipped rappy 660, stating.....
"i got sumthin for you now"
i spanked his ass in the trails, 2 weekends in a row, he re-sold it the next weekend

i would never trade a blaster for one of them

there is a guy around here on CL, that wants to trade a 2004 bombardier ds 650 for a blaster, i considered trading my sons for it ????
but thought of the hassles of a 4 joke and didnt call
plus it's down right fugly

2004 bombardier ds 650 x for trade for a 2 stroke quad

i spanked his ass in the trails, 2 weekends in a row, he re-sold it the next weekend

there is a guy around here on CL, that wants to trade a 2004 bombardier ds 650 for a blaster, i considered trading my sons for it ????

They are a 4 stroke like a raptor and don't look that good, but they were engineered properly, the DS650 is STUPIDLY fast stock, one reason they stopped making them. I would really have considered doing that, but not for someone that couldn't handle it. Just figured I'd say that.

aside from the fact that CRAPtors are well....crap, i only have two words to say that should make any thought of trading go away... Four Stroke

^^^^^ Lol, among everything else, this is probably the best reason.

How much do you think its worth? enought for you to do another build if your not happy with what you got now i would do it. But you could say go f yourself and ride of making him smell some 2 smoke!

I never rode one but I was under the impression that the Raptor 660r was fast as hell. It's really great getting your knowledge to help with a decision . Ts not that I don't love my Blaster but I love power more. Maybe I'll stick with plan A and put a 250 in my spare frame.

Raptor 660 thats piped and jetted properly will be faster than most not all modded blasters from what i see and trust me i see tons of them everytime i go to busco to play. On the other hand the new 700R is a beast in a straight line and a modded blaster doubtfully could beat one but maybe almost keep up with a 4mil stroke and all the goodies.

Last 700R I raced with my 80HP banshee was just as fast as my banshee only because i had traction problems and i couldnt get offline and didnt hook till 6th gear. The 700r was all stock except it was lowered in the front 3 inches. In a drag race we all have excuses me included for a loss but in reality a loss is a loss no matter if you miss a gear or wheelie or have traction problems or red light its all a loss and no excuses really matter . In a straight line a 700R is really a force to be reckoned with and dont underestimate it. If you loose in a straight line by a couple tenths in 300 foot @ 60 mph thats a hell of a gap.

One thing i will note is the raptor is very quick offline and normally if you get beat offline you will loose in 300 foot unless you have tons more power .

To trade all that hard work you put into a blaster for a stock raptor is really a personal choice but i must say ride one and then make that choice.

that guy texted me wanting to trade. figured it seemed shady. plus the quad needed tires and I'm just not into a ds650. looked it up and online says u better b over 6 foot

Raptor 660 thats piped and jetted properly will be faster than most not all modded blasters from what i see and trust me i see tons of them everytime i go to busco to play. On the other hand the new 700R is a beast in a straight line and a modded blaster doubtfully could beat one but maybe almost keep up with a 4mil stroke and all the goodies.

Last 700R I raced with my 80HP banshee was just as fast as my banshee only because i had traction problems and i couldnt get offline and didnt hook till 6th gear. The 700r was all stock except it was lowered in the front 3 inches. In a drag race we all have excuses me included for a loss but in reality a loss is a loss no matter if you miss a gear or wheelie or have traction problems or red light its all a loss and no excuses really matter . In a straight line a 700R is really a force to be reckoned with and dont underestimate it. If you loose in a straight line by a couple tenths in 300 foot @ 60 mph thats a hell of a gap.

One thing i will note is the raptor is very quick offline and normally if you get beat offline you will loose in 300 foot unless you have tons more power .

To trade all that hard work you put into a blaster for a stock raptor is really a personal choice but i must say ride one and then make that choice.

finally someone explaining it instead of being biased towards 2 or 4 strokes... just because it's a 4 stroke doesn't make it a POS it just means some repairs cost more than a 2 stroke and now 4 strokes are really getting some power and reputation to them. people might call them "craptors" but personally i like them and i wouldn't mind having one.